Corsair Community

Corsair H110i Pump RPM question.

optimusc

I've had my H110i since January now and it's proven to be a pretty reliable pump, keeping the temps down even through the summer months, and perfectly quiet, as it's supposed to be.

Since the cold weather moved in though, I've noticed something odd about the Pump RPM, which I run in quiet mode. Normally it hovers at around 2250-2350 when in use, but lately when I've started up a game after booting, it goes up to around 2370 and just stays there until I shut down again. It's still cooling fine, the temperatures are all within very good levels (21-25c when idle, 35-38 when gaming) and is still nice and quiet, but I guess the paranoid side of me just wanted to make sure this was normal and not anything to worry about.

Temps are still good ... pump is still quiet ... I wouldn't worry about it.

You should, normally, see some variability in the pump speed though, even +/- 20-50 RPM. Perhaps try resetting the driver (go to Device Manager ... find the driver under USB Controllers ... not sure how it'll be listed - perhaps Corsair XP - but the Hardware ID will have VID_1B1C and a PID of 0C07 (for the 110iGTX) or 0C0A (for the 110iGT v2). Once you find it, disable it and then re-enable it.

I've seen similar behavior when resuming from sleep ... but only since the FCE update. Note that disabling the driver does not disable the pump ... only the interface to the pump. The pump will continue to run from the onboard firmware.

Ah, if there's variance, there's no need to do that. That just resets the driver for the communication interface but the variance tells you that's good.

Okay, thanks. I was a bit worried as all, but if the RPM is no cause for concern, then that's a load of my mind.

It might be one of the USB Composite devices or it may be listed under "Human Interface Devices". You'd need to look at the IDs in the driver details screen.

But ... like I said ... you are seeing variability. There's no need to do this and it won't do any good. Your interface is up and working properly.

~2300 is the normal low (Quiet mode) speed for the H110i. High (Performance) should be around 2900-3000. This function is a low/high toggle and the pump does not variably adjust its speed within that range. Nearly everyone can use the lower speed year round without a performance hit, but you can always experiment and see. Regardless of setting, there will always be some variance in the reported RPM. No pump holds a dead flat line of 2350 (or whatever) and the pump turns far faster than the polling rate making the changes seem less fluid than they really are. i don't see any cause for concern, but you would likely see changes in coolant temperature before a definitive shift in pump operating speed.

Archived