Corsair Community

My first hours

I don't know what was going on, but just to keep a record of this, I'm posting. It may have been caused by something else

I went away for roughly an hour and when I came back my computer hadn't killed the screen like it should.

I was able to use my K70 to search for exactly one song on Spotify and then it just stopped, couldn't Alt + Tab out (it's like it made the attempt to Alt + Tab, but the window switcher just disappeared immediately. My Razer was plugged in as well, so I switched to that which worked fine, I also checked if it could be the wireless keyboard interfering and it wasn't, because none of the keys were being pushed on. Wonder what could have happened here.

I'm just going to post my impressions/issues in here rather than make new threads

Why on earth would you want to have two keyboards connected at the same time? I don't think Windows supports that type dual input at all.

I think the logical first step in troubleshooting would be to try your situation again using only the K70, while having the other keyboard disconnected fully.

• Corsair Employee

There may be issues if you're going to use Synapse and CUE at the same time due to the amount of information from software through the USB ports. When I test the keyboards together, I see slowdown for complex lighting (native USB 3.0 Intel ports on Z97).

As for the alt tab, we know this to be an issue with the new firmware. It has to do with ALT not being staying pressed and are working to resolve it.

Why on earth would you want to have two keyboards connected at the same time? I don't think Windows supports that type dual input at all.

I think the logical first step in troubleshooting would be to try your situation again using only the K70, while having the other keyboard disconnected fully.

I can't remember why the Razer was plugged in, probably for me to compare the two back to back. My Logitech receiver is always present though, so I can just pick the keyboard and go if it's ever needed, or use the Logitech wireless mouse if ever needed. Can't say I've had any problems since my first post, the Razer has been unplugged, but Synapse is still there (and I should probably get rid of it)

I can't remember why the Razer was plugged in, probably for me to compare the two back to back. My Logitech receiver is always present though, so I can just pick the keyboard and go if it's ever needed, or use the Logitech wireless mouse if ever needed. Can't say I've had any problems since my first post, the Razer has been unplugged, but Synapse is still there (and I should probably get rid of it)

I have a Razer Naga 2014, and have the K95 RGB as a keyboard. No issues at all with using both CUE & Synapse. But then again, Synapse is funky in of itself. ;) lol

I think I like the Corsair way better. When the room gets darker, the light are nice and bright. It doesn't get stupid dirty, no key repeating, nicer Cherry MX switches, dedicated media controls like my Logitech and made of metal. Only small thing is the Shift key like I said earlier. And the BIOS thing. Still can't reach BIOS even with it as the only keyboard connected (it's too slow to turn on). Will Corsair fix that

• Corsair Employee
I think I like the Corsair way better. When the room gets darker, the light are nice and bright. It doesn't get stupid dirty, no key repeating, nicer Cherry MX switches, dedicated media controls like my Logitech and made of metal. Only small thing is the Shift key like I said earlier. And the BIOS thing. Still can't reach BIOS even with it as the only keyboard connected (it's too slow to turn on). Will Corsair fix that

We are working on more fixes for BIOS adaptation. Its a work in progress in terms of detection/delayed boot-up/etc.

Archived