Corsair Community

another cracked V2000 here

kidlat020

Just like the previous posters of this forums said, my own V2000 is also cracked on the sides. Bought this about 5 months ago (September 2012)

I'm from the Philippines. I'm glad Corsair decided to replace the headset due to faulty headbands but I don't know if the same can be said in my area, this being distributor's area of problem and all...

model: HF2012-RX

I clicked the RMA request and the RMA number was 5496992

EDIT: I don't think RMA will solve this. I think this is a design problem. This is just my observation, but whenever I wear the headset, the strain is going not on the "arm" holding the earcup but on the weak headband, causing the crack. Unless Corsair decided to redesign the headset, the same headset will suffer the strain on the weak headband, causing the crack.

In comparison, I have a Philips SHP2000 and its still on top shape after using it for over a year now. The only problem was it was wired and I decided to switch to V2000 since it looked cool :D. I loved the headset greatly despite the price (and with Dolby Drivers coming soon) But please fix the misdirected strain on the headband.

second thoughts:

If there's a shipping fee, then I'm afraid of our Customs. I heard that in my place the customs are full of crocodiles. I need to learn the ropes of how RMA works "in my area". And how to avoid crocodiles.

But I'm gonna try the distro warranty route first. If this fails then MAYBE I'll reconsider *sob*

My question would then be "have the suppliers pulled out the [old] V2000 too?" but I doubt you could answer that.

Umm... $10 for shipping is pretty expensive for someone who lives in a poor currency. But that's not the point.

I posted this cracked headset here thinking that the local distro store here might invalidate the warranty because of the crack. But if Corsair is willing to replace it, then they'd probably do as well. Probably. If nothing else, there's no "expensive" shipping fee.

If all else fails, then expensive RMA I will take.

That reminds me, if what RAM_GUY say is true that only about 1% of your total sales experience this crack, then maybe the local stores will tell a different story. Maybe.

• 1 month later...

update: My local store said Corsair decided to return back the money, but only according to its current SRP, I bought this in around 6,000 pesos, and will get my money only at 5,000 pesos. Losing around 17% of my money.

I don't know if that's just how the system works here, but man that's still disappointing.

Alright, what should I do then? I haven't received the refund money yet.

And I don't know how our dirty society really works. Was the refund money got lesser because of taxes? customs? or perhaps... really other dirty methods that normally one couldn't think of? Either way you got me really lost here.

Or maybe it got subtracted because of shipping expenses and they just decided to use that excuse to prevent misunderstanding. Or somewhere along the lines of a white lie.

• 2 months later...

long time no post, I guess? been very busy setting up a diskless server but that's besides the point.

by the way, I decided to just refund the said money (local store kinda got me there but oh well). Now I kinda missed the wireless headset. How's the crack issue going? has it been fixed? will buy it again when its done though. Please don't disappoint us.

Archived