Corsair Community

HX650W Gold making bird noises!

Yanoflies

Having the exact same problem as this video! Exact same PSU and exact same problem.

I bought the PSU about a month ago and it's been happening since day 1. I thought it was something inside my wall until I put my ear to the PSU!

How should I fix this?

EDIT:

I searched and found other people with the same issue!

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111210

My RMA ID is [5186767] , could I please request an advanced RMA too? I'd like to have no downtime with my computer! Hearing that this is a common problem with these PSU, could I possibly like the guy in the thread above receive a different one? Or have the one being sent checked beforehand? I'd rather not have to RMA again!

It'll also be great if you could explain the process to me. I provide a credit card (will it be charged anything then?) and I'm sent a replacement, then I send my PSU? Is the shipping paid for? How should I send it back?

Thanks,

• Corsair Employee
My RMA ID is [5186767] , could I please request an advanced RMA too? I'd like to have no downtime with my computer! Hearing that this is a common problem with these PSU, could I possibly like the guy in the thread above receive a different one? Or have the one being sent checked beforehand? I'd rather not have to RMA again!

Once you have received the confirmation e-mail and you want to avoid down time while you wait for the replacement, I would suggest that you contact our customer service and request for an advance RMA, that way we can send out the replacement first and once you have received it then you can send us back the defective unit.

I've already received the email, I can't find the option to contact the the support department. Do I submit a new ticket?

"Your RMA has already been processed and/or shipped. Please click here to start a new ticket instead of resubmitting this one."

Also my product wasn't listed in the list of power supplies. Couldn't find a "HX650W Gold (Australia)" so I just picked the non-gold one "HX650W (Australia)". Is that okay?

Also, am I responsible for the shipping fees?

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've been really busy and haven't gotten around to getting my PSU replaced yet.

Just would like to know how exactly an advanced RMA works. I have money charged on my card until I send back my defective unit? Do I have to pay for the shipping myself? I'd really rather not have to pay the shipping T_T. I'm a student and am really tight on money at the moment, so I'll have to wait before I'll be able to put money aside for the advance RMA.

I have money charged on my card until I send back my defective unit? Do I have to pay for the shipping myself? I'd really rather not have to pay the shipping T_T. I'm a student and am really tight on money at the moment, so I'll have to wait before I'll be able to put money aside for the advance RMA.

Yes, they would just put a hold on your CC for the amount of the PSU . They send you a new PSU. Then once they recieve the old unit back , that will be lifted. As far as shipping charges go, you are responsible for shipping it to them , and they pay to ship it back.

You might call CS and see if there is anything they can do to help you with those, but it would be determined on a case case scenario. But you will need to call them regardless to set up the advanced RMA.

Usually if the unit is less than a month old they would cover shipping in certain circumstances. Waiting may have hurt you in this case. But call them and ask anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Yes you do these have a 5 year warranty but our warranty policy does not cover shipping on in an exception for example if you have just purchased the unit with in 30 days or if it is a second RMA will our customer service be able to request prepaid shipping. Other wise you would be responsible for the shipping to us and we pay the return shipping. Sorry but hope that is more clear.

Archived