The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 11:40 AM
crashniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971439
crashniels Reputation: 19
Default [Guide] How to sync Asus Aura with ICue

It is as the title says. I will be showing you how to sync Asus Aura with Corsair devices.

Note 1: This probably won't work on X370 or B350 but might work on X470 and B450.

First of all, you'll need version 1.06.17 of Aura. The latest one won't work for some reason.
You can easily check what Aura version you have by simply going into Apps and then scrolling down to Aura.

Next you will need Corsair ICUE. The latest version should do fine. You will also need RGBSync+. As for now there is no official release but the source code is publicly available and can be compiled using VS2017. I compiled this version myself and it is attached to this thread.
Before you extract the zip you probably have to right click the zip, go to properties, check the unblock box and click apply.

Then go ahead and extract the zip. In the folder you extracted should be a Program called "RGBSync+.exe". You might need to run it as an administrator for your motherboard to show up. If everything went well you will be able to create a sync group and your devices should all show up in the settings tab like this:
If your motherboard and Corsair devices all show up you can follow the next step. You will need to drag your devices in a this pattern.
This is how it should look like. Then after that open Asus Aura and select the mode Rainbow or below. The first three modes don't work for some reason.

If you have any questions message me or add me on Discord: crashniels#3692

Hope you can get this working. And i hope i am not breaking any rules on the forum with this post.

I also made a little "tutorial" to this on YouTube.

Edit 1: I forgot to post the link
I can post the official link now.
https://github.com/DarthAffe/RGBSyncPlus/releases
Edit 2: cases might actually work. someone pm'd me on discord saying his spec-omega is also listed and works.
Edit 3: New Update for RGBSync+. Now supports the AIOs and RGB Pro modules from the SDK.
Edit 4: Thanks Fanman03 from discord. He made a "special" version of rgbsync+ that already swapped the colors of the GPU. So no need for soldering or swapping the wires as i have read here :). You might want to delete the settings.json from the extracted zip though since it is still his settings in there. https://fanman03.ml/dl/ You can also join our Discord server if you are stuck somewhere. It's right under the download button. :)
Attached Images
File Type: png security.PNG (4.0 KB, 40268 views)
File Type: png aura version.PNG (5.8 KB, 40397 views)
File Type: png Devices.PNG (399.1 KB, 41294 views)
File Type: png Where to add what with hints.png (351.4 KB, 41446 views)

Last edited by crashniels; 12-14-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Ich spreche kein Englisch
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971446
LeSnakk Reputation: 16

Man, this is awesome!!!

It's very cool to control my STRIX card via iCUE. There are just a few issues concerning the color. I tried the instant lighting tab and the colors didn't always match. Here's my list (1st color = instant lighting (corsair products) | 2nd color = Strix card):

red - red
orande - purple
yellow - lighter purple
green - blue
dark green - darker blue
turquoise - dark turquoise
light blue - light blue
dark blue - green
pink - yellow
white - white
black - black
off - off

It seems like the RGB-values don't really match and that the Green and Blue are reversed. Is there a possibility to fix it myself within RGBSync + or am I the only one with this issue?

Maybe it's because I don't have an ASUS board, you can see my PC config underneith my username.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:41 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971447
Zotty Reputation: 52

AWESOME post.. good to see people are out there trying to do this sort of thing.....

subbed and rated,,,
Old 09-04-2018, 02:08 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971464
solarity Reputation: 33

Awesome work! I don't have any Asus products other than my monitors, so I can't test this out. Looks like you are using RGB.NET. Are you sync'ing the LEDs based off the LED color of a specific item like the letter "A" on the keyboard to LED2 on motherboard? That is a very creative approach. It also helps automate a lot of the setting of colors.

I created a powershell script for Gigabyte's RGB Fusion. I used a SDK CLI tool that someone else made. I synced based off running process/game to match iCUE that way. Then had RGB Profiles created in RGB Fusion and parsed in the XML to set the lighting via the CLI tool. I don't know if your way could work with Gigabyte Fusion SDK. It seems that frequent changes to lighting effects cause a race condition.

I do find MB manufacture's SDKs very limiting. Not all Gigabyte motherboards support the SDK, that support RGB Fusion. Engaging Gigabyte has been a little bit frustrating. I got my script working for me, though kind of gave up on it as I think only a few other people have used it.

Good work, I love seeing things like this!

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:37 PM
crashniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971476

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSnakk View Post
Man, this is awesome!!!

It's very cool to control my STRIX card via iCUE. There are just a few issues concerning the color. I tried the instant lighting tab and the colors didn't always match. Here's my list (1st color = instant lighting (corsair products) | 2nd color = Strix card):

red - red
orande - purple
yellow - lighter purple
green - blue
dark green - darker blue
turquoise - dark turquoise
light blue - light blue
dark blue - green
pink - yellow
white - white
black - black
off - off

It seems like the RGB-values don't really match and that the Green and Blue are reversed. Is there a possibility to fix it myself within RGBSync + or am I the only one with this issue?

Maybe it's because I don't have an ASUS board, you can see my PC config underneith my username.

Yes i also read that the SDK swaps the colors or something. Sadly i am no programmer so i can't really talk much about how to fix this.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:53 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971481

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashniels View Post
Yes i also read that the SDK swaps the colors or something. Sadly i am no programmer so i can't really talk much about how to fix this.
A good question is what color is blue? If green is blue and blue is green, then those need to be swapped. LEDs can vary and different materials can refract light. I know on my LEDs in my XSPC CPU block and res I had to use a 100ohm resistor on the red cathode as red was to bright. I was then able to match colors really well. Also when scuba diving, you lose different colors from the spectrum the deeper you go, I think diffusing light through different materials can effect it similarly and be a filter. I notice on some parts of my MB the huge is slightly off on the chip set, compared to other LEDs on the MB.

Here is a good video on RGB 101:

Old 09-04-2018, 03:41 PM
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971486

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
A good question is what color is blue? If green is blue and blue is green, then those need to be swapped. LEDs can vary and different materials can refract light. I know on my LEDs in my XSPC CPU block and res I had to use a 100ohm resistor on the red cathode as red was to bright. I was then able to match colors really well. Also when scuba diving, you lose different colors from the spectrum the deeper you go, I think diffusing light through different materials can effect it similarly and be a filter. I notice on some parts of my MB the huge is slightly off on the chip set, compared to other LEDs on the MB.

Here is a good video on RGB 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5paaWs_Gz8
I get your point but I believe this doesn't depend on how the manufacturers "built" their RGB.

I am not into the code of RGBSync+ but I guess that accidently somewhere it says RBG instead of RGB or sth...

If I get the time I may have a detailled look into the code to maybe solve the issue but I am not a programing expert...
Old 09-04-2018, 04:15 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971493

Quote:
I get your point but I believe this doesn't depend on how the manufacturers "built" their RGB.

I am not into the code of RGBSync+ but I guess that accidently somewhere it says RBG instead of RGB or sth...

If I get the time I may have a detailled look into the code to maybe solve the issue but I am not a programing expert...
What color does blue show up as?

Old 09-04-2018, 04:55 PM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971496
PJH Reputation: 14

Hey, hey!

Neato but bummer it doesn't detect my z270-e motherboard running AuraSync 1.05.25.

Also, here's the link to AuraSync 1.06.17 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...ol_1.06.17.zip

After updating to 1.06.17 detection has happened!

Still, I'd rather see a day come when Corsair will release their SDK, so motherboard and graphic cards can be controlled in iCUE.

Last edited by PJH; 09-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:16 PM
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971497

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
Hey, hey!

Neato but bummer it doesn't detect my z270-e motherboard running AuraSync 1.05.25.

Also, here's the link to AuraSync 1.06.17 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...ol_1.06.17.zip

After updating to 1.06.17 detection has happened!

Still, I'd rather see a day come when Corsair will release their SDK, so motherboard and graphic cards can be controlled in iCUE.
You can control your graphics gard via iCUE with this^^
Old 09-04-2018, 06:51 PM
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971502

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashniels View Post
It is as the title says. I will be showing you how to sync Asus Aura with Corsair devices.
Oh, maybe you should add that this is not only for controlling your Corsair devices with Aura, it also works the other way around 👍

Last edited by LeSnakk; 09-04-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:43 AM
crashniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971588

Quote:
Oh, maybe you should add that this is not only for controlling your Corsair devices with Aura, it also works the other way around ��
This was a proof of concept program that can be used as a template. It was kind of used to show off what you could do with the RGB.NET library. while yes you could add syncback, I dont know how since i sadly am no programmer.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:26 PM
fanskap's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971612
fanskap Reputation: 10

This is epic. Very nice guide. Now my fans are synced to the motherboard, strix gpu and my G.Skilll ram. Only the aio isnt synced because as you said it is not added yet and im looking forward to that.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971631

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
What color does blue show up as?
Blue shows up as green and green shows up as blue. Red shows as red. So somehow green and blue are switched.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971634

Quote:
Blue shows up as green and green shows up as blue. Red shows as red. So somehow green and blue are switched.
Is that true for every item? When set by Asus Aura, does it still have the same issue? This would at least rule out a HW/misswire. The tool would have to be modified and recompiled most likely, unless there is an easier way to control it.