Corsair Community

So Bitterly dissapointed

ShavedApe

I bought a 120 GB Force GT only to get random bsod for no apparent reason and even times when the drive couldnt be found by the bios. I came here to find others with the same issue but then I sawa firmware update and thought maybe that would fix my problems it didnt. I then proceeded to try all the other things people had tried even including not using right angled sata cables... I mean seriously there that easy to break?? After following all the advice found here I decided to return the drive to where I bought it, unfortunately there policy is to either exchange with same model or refund and you buy another. Refund can take upto 4 days and since its a thursday thats more likely to be 6. So I opted for an exchange in the interest of keeping my system running and well I may just of got a bad one.

Well thats not the case since this one is worse from the start I have had BSOD unable to restore a back up to the drive because as I did the drive did its disappearing act and then when the system rebooted I was presented with a broken windows warning. So I had to install windows again once that was done I figured this drive was another one that maybe needed a firmware update only your firmware update program cant seem to see the drive so its fairly clear I am going to have to return this one too.

How on earth did hardware this flawed make it to production? I used to love corsair products too now im not so sure ill be using or recommending again such a shame.

the firmware program doesnt see the drive full stop so following any tips is a pretty pointless exercise. I dont really want or can afford to be without my machine for a number of days so unless sending it to you will fix the yet another blue screen Im looking at there really isnt much point.

I have read the pdf btw in case you are wondering and since my machine is useless right now ill follow each and every tip if it will get it to work but something tells me im wasting yet more of my time and should just return the drive and buy a none sandforce controlled drive

Do you have access to another system running WIN7? Or, do you have a Windows install on another drive so that you can use it to run the OS and update the GT?

We are more than willing to try to assist you but if you don't have the time or inclination to troubleshoot then we understand. There is an RMA link on the left side of every forum page if you choose to RMA with us.

I got no problem troubleshooting the issue but when my system is constantly crashing it gets a little much. Its not like this is a low budget system. I will route out an old drive and see if I can use that as a windows install to update the firmware but based on previous experience im a little concerned it could be all for nothing and ill still end up returning the drive as i did the previous one.

I got no problem troubleshooting the issue but when my system is constantly crashing it gets a little much. Its not like this is a low budget system. I will route out an old drive and see if I can use that as a windows install to update the firmware but based on previous experience im a little concerned it could be all for nothing and ill still end up returning the drive as i did the previous one.

We will do our very best to help you avoid that. Be sure you install the OS in AHCI mode.

I have no idea of what you tried beforehand but here's a few suggestions that may or may not be of benefit. Reset your CMOS, Update bios, set bios to optimized defaults. Maybe run memtest86+. I don't have an Asus MB so not sure what the bios default settings are or if your OCed.

I finally got it to update the firmware using an old windows install I have no idea whats different between whats on that drive and what was on this one as I did nothing different on install. Everything that should of been on was on and vice versa, I will cross my fingers that this drive is more stable than the last but i have to say I dont hold out much hope at this point.

• 1 month later...

Archived