Corsair Community

SP2500 Subwoofer question and possible problem

Cortex

After having recived my Corsair SP2500 speakers today I am delited with them but also slightly curious and worried. The two satellites are working perfect and sound amazing. However I have concerns with my subwoofer as it is VERY quiet. Below half volume it almost impossible to hear. This means that i am running the overall volume at roughly 1/4, yet the sub it over 3/4 volume to make it audible, was just wondering if this is normall for most people with these speakers. Overall I am still thoroughly impressed, as im not that much a bass junkey.

Cheers

• Corsair Employee
This will really depend on the amount of bass in what you are listening too. If you turn the regular volume up does the sub scale with it, or do the satellites drown out the sub? You may want to try a different input source too, just to rule out audio settings on your computer, try plugging in a phone or mp3 player and see if there is any difference.

I have tried 2 computers, an mp3 player and my phone, the result is the same with all (using both aux1 and aux 2 input) even in very bass heavy music and games, unless the satellites are on very low, and the sub very high, the sub is completly drowned out and inaudable.

• Corsair Employee
I have tried 2 computers, an mp3 player and my phone, the result is the same with all (using both aux1 and aux 2 input) even in very bass heavy music and games, unless the satellites are on very low, and the sub very high, the sub is completly drowned out and inaudable.

Something is definitely not right. If all the cables are securely plugged in and you have played with the menu settings on the control pod without any improvement, then lets get the speakers replaced.

Request an RMA

• 3 weeks later...
:( I'm having the same problem.. Man I LOVE these speakers but have had problems. I'm a patient human being though and know you guys have the best customer service (got a new, CHECKED and working control pod shipped to me within days of first contact). I've tried all inputs from PC, to iPhone, to PS3... is there a way to reset or recycle the firmware to fix it?

• 7 months later...
The issue for me when I had this exact problem was my onboard sound card is just not powerful enough. Used a USB sound card for now and the problem is solved, have a Xonar d2 to go in but my watercooled sli cards are bridged over my only PCI and I need 5 sets of hands to get the cards out and put the Xonar in haha

• 1 year later...
FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM FOR ME...CORTEX try clicking the volume button to unmute the subwoofer when you're in the subwoofer volume. Did it for me... :D

Thank you, i did all the same testing you did and dident figure out why i had no bass :) i totaly forgot you could mute the bass :P

Archived