Corsair Community

question

Heintz.G

Hi all.

Sorry to say, but also am haveing problems with a f60 drive, random reboots and not being seen in the bios.This is my first SSD.

I have tried all the usual suspects, like ram cables different sata ports.

Here is what event viewer shows.

Critical 11/07/2010 3:13:59 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 11/07/2010 3:21:53 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 12/07/2010 8:37:58 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 14/07/2010 7:51:22 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 16/07/2010 8:54:37 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 19/07/2010 12:49:35 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 20/07/2010 5:14:17 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Critical 23/07/2010 1:08:11 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

I purchased my drive on the 9/07/2010, apart from radom reboots this drive is so fast.

Ok has ben up for a couple of days now still no problems, with the old sam**** 1TB

At a guess, i would say it has something to do with firmware on the Sand Force controler

But that's only my opinion

Cheers Heintz.G

This is driving me (us?) crazy! But man yours is even worse. Looking at your log yours happens even more frequently than mine. At least my system seems stable when I'm using it and random restarts only after I go to sleep and leave the computer on overnight.

• Corsair Employee
We are looking into the issue, but I would suggest turning off suspend to Ram and just use suspend to disk for the time being and make sure Power management is set to S1 and S3 in the MB BIOS.

As i typed before S1-S3 set in bios, all disks set to never sleep or hibernate, pc gets switched on in the morning and off at night. I have just taken out the 1TB and put the ssd back in, i'll turn off autoboot and see what BSOD has to say.

Ok here we go again,

Comp just froze, blue spinning circle for 1min then nothing no BSOD no fault report. Left it for 10mins still no BSOD, did reboot ssd not recognised in bios had to do full shutdown then was recognised, i then checked event viewer for fault nothing there only thing there, system has rebooted bla bla so on, no error report bug check=0

Yes it's my system drive, i know it should BSOD.

That's what i was thinking aswell, CrystalDiskInfo states all is good.

I have put my Samsung 1TB back in, atleast no reboots. Wait and see what solution Corsair come up with.

Yeah just put the F60 back in. If it works will be a TEMP fix.

yes temp fix it is, Force drives need an new firmware to fix the trim issues.

my F120 runs for 40 hours straight now with trim disabled. no more bsod.

HUH, wel li'll be buggered 11hrs up and no problems, now all that is needed is a permanent fix. Thanks for the temp fix, much apreciated.

no problem, took me 2 days to find it out with some one else on this forum..

Archived