Corsair Community

Asus P4P800 Deluxe & Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT

w4crobster

RAM GUY, can you explain why the TWINX1024 3200C2 sticks will not run timings of 2-3-3-6 on th P4P800 unless it is overclocked by at least 10% my machine wont boot at all with this setting, the best it will do at stock speeds is 2.5-3-3-6

• Corsair Employee
The only thing I can tell you is this MB is based on Springdale and the Springdale MB's have not done as well as canter wood. However for the value they bring to the table they are still a great choice.

[quote name='RAM GUY']The only thing I can tell you is this MB is based on Springdale and the Springdale MB's have not done as well as canter wood. However for the value they bring to the table they are still a great choice.[/QUOTE] Can you tell me what the difference is between these 2 boards is besides the obvious point of Springdale is 865 and Canterwood is 875 that would affect memory timing performance?, I have managed to fully enable PAT on my revision 2 865 board (P4P800) VERY STABLE, it is close to the Canterwood in that respect, so what other factors come into play with Canterwood?

Ram Guy, maybe you could help? I'm running a program that uses memory extensively, and is known to work on a 1GHz machine, 512Mb RAM, system Windows 2000 Server, at a speed, say 100%. The same task being run on 2.4Ghz machine, 1Gb RAM, runs at about 50% of the original speed. The machine has: ASUS P4P800 deluxe, Pentium4 2.4 GHz 800M, 2 memory sticks Corsair Twinx1024-3200c2pt, 128Mb video card 3DLabs Wildcat970, the same system Windows 2000 Server. Sandra diag util shows the memory speed well below average. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!

Archived