Corsair Community

Windows 10

Springnut

i have corsair link running in windows 10 build 10147 with h100i it starts fine not like build 10130 where it was blocked, the only thing is you still have to do reg hack to get device to show up, which will hopefully be sorted in next corsair link version

I feel updating to W10 on 29-Jun-2015 would be a courageous decision (http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?YesMinisterCourageValue). I will install it on a test system and probably make my main system W7 + W10 dual boot, but there is no way I would rely just on W10 for a while.

I assumed you could order the update, then choose when to download it and when to install it, but as I have an MSDN subscription which gives me all Desktop and Server releases did not pay that much attention.

I am running CorsairLink fine on Win 10 Build 10130.

I did a clean install from the ISO and installed CorsairLink 3.1.5570. I got the usual compatibility error when rebooted, but after making a copy of the .exe and editing the Task Scheduler, CorsairLink now runs fine, showing all fans, temps, pump and LED.

Matt

I am running CorsairLink fine on Win 10 Build 10130.

I did a clean install from the ISO and installed CorsairLink 3.1.5570. I got the usual compatibility error when rebooted, but after making a copy of the .exe and editing the Task Scheduler, CorsairLink now runs fine, showing all fans, temps, pump and LED.

Matt

But why do we need to do this? Corsair should have fixed this months ago.

Were the aim of CL to make you jump through hoops backwards with one arm tried behind your back it would do this rather well, but I assume this is not the aim.

I as a customer already have a decision:

I will update my windows 8.1 to 10 in July 29, If I do not succeed with the link corsair, I will sell my corsair supply 1200w and my H100i

I'm tired of corsair want to push a sofware that bad

I would suggest to have Beta versions of Corsair Link available for download here at the forums. You can put as many disclaimers as needed to say it's beta software and might not work or destroy a PC system, and only for advanced users. But by doing it that way you would get much faster, accurate and ample feedback from many users with different setups, and bug tracking and fixing would be vastly improved. It would also make much easier to add new features requested by users and test them before releasing an official (and until now, buggy) version.

Issues/Suggestions for next version of Corsair Link:

Latest version of Corsair Link finally fixed the localized Windows versions bug, but custom fan curves are still a no go for most people, only the predefined settings work.

Many MOBO fan headers are still missing in Corsair Link and not being reported when there are lots of other monitoring programs that can do it effortlessly.

There's still no mutex implementation so CL conflicts with other HW monitoring programs (i know this last two issues are probably CPUID SDK related, not blaming Corsair, but still...).

The Corsair Link logo at Startup is still annoying and still no option to deactivate it, the 40% speed limit for fans is also a bad thing... advanced users should have the option to lower the fan speeds as much as they want or even stop them (add as many disclaimers and warning messages to do it as needed).

It would be really great if i could choose which temperature/sensor controls each fan, so if i want to "link" radiator fan speed with CPU Temp or CPU Load i could do it instead of being forced to use the coolant temperature.

Adding fan control to mobo headers would be just icing on the cake, but i guess that's already asking for too much when the program still has critical bugs and can't even fullfil its advertised features.

If there's one thing that has been made really cristalline clear, is that internal testing at Corsair has not been able to provide a fully working version of the program, it has failed to address some HUGE bugs like the Windows localization bug (big one, you don't only sell your products to US customers), it has also failed to provide a solution for the "detection bug" where you have to manually edit the registry to get a device properly recognized (this is an old one, isn't it?) and we are still having duplicate devices whenever CL feels like it after a restart. All those things should have never passed a proper beta testing and validation program, so please, give us access to those betas and we'll help you locate and solve those problems... while at the same time we will feel something is being done to fix the bugs instead of waiting for months for another buggy version that can't do half of what it promises.

I received my new AX1200i today and tomorrow i'll receive a HG10 GPU bracket to use with my H80i... i hope i won't regret buying yet another one of your products... i would have probably skipped my H80i & H80i GT coolers purchase if i had known CL was in such poor state, fortunately PSUs are another story and it seems CL does not have problems with the AX1200i... for now.

Archived