Corsair Community

My "issues" with Corsair Link (H100i GTX): Sensors not reading; no system tray icon

Coco-Ta

Hello,

I'm quite new with the "Corsair Link" software as I have built my last PC (i7 4790K+Corsair H100i GTX) a couple of weeks ago.

I have had 2 "issues" with it and after searching, really I have not found a solution yet...

I installed the last 3.1.5570 version from scratch as I never ever had any other version installed.

So, I just plugged the fans and the USB (Corsair Link) to USB2.0 internal connector in motherboard.

FIRST ISSUE:

So... since then I have not been able to get the "system tray" icon to switch over profiles... I have been able to see that icon twice only... once at the very first installation, the last time (second) yesterday as I had another issue (much annoting than this one), after a BSOD. Just rebooted and there it was... the icon on system tray but, at the same time I had the:

SECOND ISSUE:

This happens sometimes and I have not found any fix yet. I open (as I have to do each time I want to change or look at any measure using Corsair Link) the program (the "CorsairLink.exe" using a desktop shortcut) and I see that ALL MY PREVIOUS configured sensors in the system view (where you add the sensors like they are placed on your case) have 0 READINGS (and LED shows default grey colour) and at the same time, all of them are repeated (with correct readings) at the left column, as if I had not used them... ¿?

To "solve this" I usually go to set default values (instead of any of my profiles, that are very simple, not strange or complicated configurations yet, as I am not OCing the i7 yet -I have to find some time) and then removing wrong sensors and readding them.

In these cases, when I have 0 readings on sensors, even if a custom profile is set or if a change to another... that does not change anything.

Well... yesterday I had this problem, today I start PC and... THE SAME again: all sensors show 0 readings, but they are on left column... All over again...

http://i.imgur.com/XYuztCR.jpg

Something "quote similar or not"... can be seen also here.

Please, can any of you more concerned with this software help in any way?

When I started today the program (I mean, the program is set to minimize at start and to start with Windows and it does, as a little square window appears for a few seconds when OS starts and CorsairLink.exe is running in taskman) I had a different configuration than what I left yesterday before closing system. I am afraid these changes maybe break the cooling sometimes...

I read that the sensors not being working and such (issue #2) may be related to USB port... So, as I said, I am using USB 2.0/1.1 internal port instead of USB 3.0, am I doing it right?

TX850 does not support Corsair Link so I use this software just to set pump and fans configuration (curves/settings) only.

PS: Also note that when I us the Corsair Link shortcut I have 2 instances of CorsairLink.exe running at the same time in taskman.

PS2: Spoiler tags do not seem to work...

PS3: I am using MSI Afterburner+HWInfo64 (running at startup) and even if I shut them down Corsair Link 0 readings are still there... It seems like for "unknown" reason the "previously discovered" devices are gone, it shows their "icons" in view but gets no readings from them and rediscovers new ones that appear as not used ones... but why and how to avoid that?

I have this same issue and nobody addressed it in my post (probably because it was harsh, but w/e) Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this but right now, the only way for it to work is to disable the H100i GTX in Device Manager.

I have this same issue and nobody addressed it in my post (probably because it was harsh, but w/e) Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this but right now, the only way for it to work is to disable the H100i GTX in Device Manager.

Hello,

what do you mean with that? I mean: if you disable it on device manager I guess it will not work at all so, it is like if you don't connect the CL from pump to the internal USB mobo port, right? And the total current through the 3 pin cable from mobo to pump has to feed both pump and fans but I do not know how it will be doing it by "itself"... anyway, CL soft was the last thing I installed, so I undertand that at least both pump and fans do work (spin).

With the issue you're having, I found that disabling the Hydro Driver in Device Manager stopped CL from crashing silently. The power will still be supplied as it should since we're not shutting the port off, just stopping the communications between the software and the device.

Mine does this sometimes, I usually move the icons from the right to the case graphic to replace those zero reading icons. I deleted the non reading ones ( sometimes they come back though ). There was a suggestion to set the system back to default, in order to get rid of the duplicates.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have already had some of those "start and see 0 readings/duplicated devices" even NOT matching measures with the profile being loaded or not responding to changes since last time I wrote here.

But, even if it IS NOT A SOLUTION, it is a way to avoid wasting (more) time: When you have one of those DO NOT PANIC, don't erease/hide nor change anything. Don't erase/change/redo new profiles.

I just think some problem between CL driver and device detection/USB resettings may happen and CL losts "its mind" sometimes (maybe a failure of the driver or not...) but the best to solve (better than erase everything, go to defaults and redo everything) is to KEEP CALM and test if it changes profiles settings or if you select one Corsair device and try to change its state it responds. In thta case, only leave it and then after reboot IT WILL BE SOLVED (as before). Inc ase the measures/orders do not work just REBOOT the system.

No need to recreate everything. I only did that of load defaults and erase once, and then remade the SAME profiles (using different names...) and when I get one of those, just calm and reboot.

On the other hand, the NO CL on SYSTEM TRAY has not been "solved" at all, also I have not seen it at OS load on sys tray anymore...

Do you have that?

Archived