Corsair Community

330R + H100i GTX vs 550D + H110i

trouch

Hi all,

After several weeks to read forums and reviews, I started to purchase parts in order to build a new system, to work and play a bit:

Core i7 4790K on Maximus VII Ranger, GTX 970 STRIX, SSDs (no harddrive), all powered by a Corsair RM550 PSU and Corsair Vengeance Pro Memory. I only miss the case and cooling. I want a black silent case, with front door, and without side window. I'm also considering an AIO Watercooling solution.

I really like Carbide 330R Ultra Silent Blackout Edition that just came out from Amazon in my country (France). But as I look for cooling, that case seems no compatible with the H110i GT despite of the dual 140mm space on top.

On the 550D, I don't like the hole in the front door for the I/O panel. Seems not handy to open the door when you have micro, phone, and 2 USB cables plugged. Without that, I could choose that case directly.

On the cooling side, the H100i GTX is 3mm thicker than both the H100i and the H110i GT, and I'm not sure reading forums that it will suit the 330R case. For both noise and cooling performance, I understand that H100i < H100i GTX < H110i GT (Am I wrong ?).

What do you advice to me ? My objective is to have something silent when working, and something "cool" when playing. The computer will sit on my left, onto the desk. My options, by pref are :

- H110i GT + Carbide 330R Blackout Ultra Silent Edition (seems not possible).

- H110i GT + Obsidian 550D (perfect match ?)

- H100i GTX + Carbide 330R Blackout Ultra Silent Edition (is it possible ?).

- H100i + Carbide 330R Blackout Ultra Silent Edition

Thanks a lot in advance !

• Corsair Employee
330R will be fine with the H100i GTX, and that combination will be perfectly fine for your i7-4790K. The 4790K just doesn't draw enough power and transfer enough heat to make the H110i GT really pull away in performance.

• 2 months later...
330R will be fine with the H100i GTX, and that combination will be perfectly fine for your i7-4790K. The 4790K just doesn't draw enough power and transfer enough heat to make the H110i GT really pull away in performance.

just done an asus maximus ranger VII, 330R carbide, and H100i gtx build.

and had quite a bit of a job fitting the radiator and fans. (had to use a counter sunk screw with no washer on one fan corner)

as the screw positions for the radiator are directly above the CPU power connection on the mobo. i have about 2 thou between the CPU power connection and counter sunk fan screw.

is there an easier way to fit the radiator?

SoQeUqBYEQYdoIWzA8kEzFq_fbVmH4h-NGypaS1RDKg=w1629-h916-no

Archived