Corsair Community

Must Do Comfort mods for K70 rgb. Flip the Spacebar and Shift keys.

Deathshead

Hey guys, I love my K70 RGB with Cherry reds, its great.

However after a few hours of gaming I noticed some keys have a very upright profile and your fingers hit the bottom sharp edges.

The spacebar angle, you thumb will naturally hit the key on the botton edge.

The Solution? Pop off both alt keys and then wiggle off the spacecar key, flip it around. AHH! Much better.

Same goes for my Left Shift Key. In FPS games you always have a finger on that key and again my pinky was naturally hitting the bottom edge. Flip that key upside down and it feels like butter.

Up arrow key was another one, glide you finger up from down and it catches,

flip it upside down and thats how it should have been designed.

As always ymmv depending on your hands, etc.. but try it out, you will love it.

I don't really have a problem with this. But I guess I can see how some might.

Actually I believe the reason there is an issue at all is because according to proper typing posture as it is has been taught in typing class for the last century you are supposed to keep your wrists straight and use natural, relaxed posture for arms, hands and fingers. Most people tend to slouch at the keyboard and let their wrists and palms touch the table or wrist rest. Letting you hands slump down is why your thumb is striking the edge of the space bar.

But it's you keyboad, type the way you want to. :D:

But its not marketed as a typists keyboard, and no one uses a proper typists posture while gaming. That being said i'm fine with my terrible hunt and peck typing technique. I'm happy with 80wpm.

This change has zero impact on anything but comfort.

And looks, the keyboard looks very dorky like that xD I think a more elegant solution would be a different spacebar all together that is compatible with the K70/95.

Archived