Corsair Community

H100i and Coolermater Jetflo fans

Sand dance

Hi, this is my first thread and would like some assistance with the compatibility question of using Coolermaster Jetflo fans connected to the fan splitter cable on the H100i to cool the radiator.

The forum content I have read shows potential for damage to the pump, fans or both but there seems to be no definitive answer if the fans and cooler are, or are not compatible.

I have just purchased five 120mm blue led Jetflo fans to use in a 350d mod, (two front fans, two radiator fans and one exhaust). I can connect four fans directly to the mobo fan headers,(G1 Sniper M5) but would ideally love to connect the two radiator fans through the Y splitter cable to the cooler heatsink.

If anyone could offer prior experience, research or help it would be greatly appreciated.

They should be fine. They only use .4amps per fan which is below the total amount allowed by the cooler. They should be no risk of damage.

However, controllability(if thats a word LOL) is questionable. Hopefully some other forum member that is using them can chime in and let you know one way or the other.

@wytnyt, where did you see LED fans aren't controllable? just curious.

T

@wytnyt, where did you see LED fans aren't controllable? just curious.

mostly from what ive tried and dont recall an instance on here where they have.so far ive tried 3 different brands with no luck but this was with the non integrated coolers tho.

now you have my curiosity peaked perhaps ill get a few brands and try

also most of the led fans ive seen werent very suitable to provide good airflow thru the rad

i did find the tb enermax fans were controllable[yup its a word],did work but the airflow was horrible...

Hi and thanks for the feedback, the jetflo fans do come with two step down leads, taking them to 1600 and 1200 respectively. Will they then be able to be connected through the Y splitter to the heatsink and although not being controllable, be useable at their reduced fan speeds?

Thanks again for any thoughts..

STOP!!!!

Do not listen to the posts above.

You will destroy your H100i if you connect 2 Coolermaster Jetflow fans to the same Y cable.

Trust me. I know!

Do not even try to connect them to separate Y cables attached to the cooler either!

Even if these fans are in spec they will damage your cooler.

Coolermaster do not want to own up to it based on their fan spec and Corsair does not want to own up to it either. You have to dig through the forums to find out its is 4 Amps total on the fan controller for HXXXi series coolers and no more than 2 amps per header. because it does not say it in their manual.

Coolermaster do not want to own up to it based on their fan spec and Corsair does not want to own up to it either. You have to dig through the forums to find out its is 4 Amps total on the fan controller for HXXXi series coolers and no more than 2 amps per header. because it does not say it in their manual.

Correct, and Cooler master advertise them as using .4amps and should be well with in the Coolers ability to run them.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/case-fan/jetflo-120.html

What is it that you want them to own up to?

Hi, sorry for the late response, thanks Spector for the confirmation using either one or both Y splitters. I called Cooler Master in Manchester today, spoke to a really helpful guy called Chris, explained the situation and he is speaking internally with tech and will get back to me with a response.

I want to run five jetflows, (2 front, 2 radiator and one exhaust), using a gigabyte G1 sniper M5 mobo, I think my best setup would be to step the two front down to 1200, (with the included fan step down cable) and power them direct from the psu. The two rad fans and the exhaust fan connected to mobo four pin fan headers and control those through gigabyte fan software.

Would any or all of you concur, or have a better alternative or any thoughts at all.

As always thanks..

Correct, and Cooler master advertise them as using .4amps and should be well with in the Coolers ability to run them.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/case-fan/jetflo-120.html

What is it that you want them to own up to?

CoolerMaster needs to own up to what their fan actually draws because if it is .4amps per fan it does not explain how when someone connects 2 Jetflow fans to the same Y cable it blows out the I series coolers that are rated for 2 amps per channel or 4amps total.

Corsair needs to put MAX fan specifications on the actual product and not buried in the Forum, a customer should not have to come to the forum to see what a product is rated for.

CoolerMaster needs to own up to what their fan actually draws because if it is .4amps per fan it does not explain how when someone connects 2 Jetflow fans to the same Y cable it blows out the I series coolers that are rated for 2 amps per channel or 4amps total.

Unless you have had multiple failures and some way to prove they are drawing more amps, thats not enough to say it was the fans that caused it. There isn't any reason to doubt CM specs.

Corsair needs to put MAX fan specifications on the actual product and not buried in the Forum, a customer should not have to come to the forum to see what a product is rated for.

Cant argue with that. They should be part of the coolers basic specs.

Unless you have had multiple failures and some way to prove they are drawing more amps, thats not enough to say it was the fans that caused it. There isn't any reason to doubt CM specs.

Cant argue with that. They should be part of the coolers basic specs.

I personally did not have multiple failures. But I did connect 2 Jetflow fans to my H80i and blew the cooler, I thought the cooler had just died on it own. If I had not come to the forums and saw another user also connected Jetflow fans to their I series cooler, and experienced the same exact problem I did I would have went ahead and connected the Jetflow fans to my new I series cooler blowing that one too with out ever knowing why.

After I understood what happened I posted a follow-up review on Newegg to warn users about putting these 2 products together. CoolerMasters response was:

Manufacturer Response:

Dear valued customer,

Very sorry for the troubles with your water cooler unit. We recommend making sure that whatever fan controller or other connection you use can handle the power load from any fans, especially these ones. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Regards,

CMUSA Support

External Link(s): Contact Us

Hi and thanks for the various posts, have just spoken again to Cooler Master UK in Manchester, this query has been passed to tech guys and they are looking into it further.

I will post any response or findings as and when and thanks again to you all.

Just a final thought, if Corsair upped their game in terms of aesthetic visuals on their range of fans, we wouldn't have to look at alternative manufacturers to make our rig look as good as it performs.

Just a thought..

Specter, i understand what your getting at, but even just two isolated cases isn't enough to say that the fans caused the failure. I'm really not trying to give you a hard time about this... but lets get some more facts together before we go pointing fingers. So far this is the only case.

BTW, the second link isn't working. Any chance you could fix it?

Links were mixed up, first link and second link fixed.

What I do not understand is that wytnyt and yourself chimed in on the previous user that blew their cooler using these fans. Now here is another user with the same cooler and same fans and its back to square 1 as if 2 months ago did not happen.

Im not trying to give anyone a hard time either, I just don't want someone to blow their cooler because of lack of information provided in the manual or misinformation.

Hopefully Sand dance gets a solid response from Tech support and not the a generic composed statement.

What I do not understand is that wytnyt and yourself chimed in on the previous user that blew their cooler using these fans. Now here is another user with the same cooler and same fans and its back to square 1 as if 2 months ago did not happen.

Are you sure your not confusing these with the Delta fans?

I believe this is the thread here and RG proved me wrong. They shouldn't have been enough to overload the pumps controller.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=121708&highlight=Delta+fans

And honestly , i'm not taking a fan-boy approach here, but your talking two users who used the same fans and had failures using said fans. Basically the fan controllers in both of those units failed. But they didn't fail any differently than most other failures using entirely different or even the stock fans.

• 5 months later...
Unfortunately I did not do any research on this as I never expected what happened to happen. I just built my new rig. I had it working fine. Everything was installed and stable. I had 2 Jetflo fans ordered only because I seen a picture of some Jetflo's on a radiator. I pulled the radiator out hooked the 2 Jetflo's up and just like that poof done put a fork in it. JetFlo's tried to spin but wouldn't get going. The rest of the case fans started out normal than led glow decreased significantly. Put me in an error code 53 which is a memory code and again was working majestically for over a day until I hooked these up. I tried a CMOS reset and nothing. I have pulled the Jetflo's out and tried putting the stock back on and again did a CMOS reset but the damage is done. I am beyond frustrated and after going to ever faithful Google I found this thread and had to share my situation.

Unfortunately I did not do any research on this as I never expected what happened to happen. I just built my new rig. I had it working fine. Everything was installed and stable. I had 2 Jetflo fans ordered only because I seen a picture of some Jetflo's on a radiator. I pulled the radiator out hooked the 2 Jetflo's up and just like that poof done put a fork in it. JetFlo's tried to spin but wouldn't get going. The rest of the case fans started out normal than led glow decreased significantly. Put me in an error code 53 which is a memory code and again was working majestically for over a day until I hooked these up. I tried a CMOS reset and nothing. I have pulled the Jetflo's out and tried putting the stock back on and again did a CMOS reset but the damage is done. I am beyond frustrated and after going to ever faithful Google I found this thread and had to share my situation.

I cannot believe customers are still destroying their I series coolers with these Jetflo fans and Corsair or CoolerMaster are not saying anything to customers to warn them that the 2 products do not work. And i highly doubt that Corsair will warranty the cooler if they knew the customer attached Jetflow fans to it.

Archived