Corsair Community

More problems with 2nd RMA

NOCIVOX

Hello again! I still have problems, this seems like a nightmare! A few days ago I requested a RMA for a HX1000w PSU with electrical noise issues. Corsair kindly replaced it with a HX1050 gold but it has a very loud fan and support service replaced it again with a new model, the AX860. All is well explained here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113404

Well, I received this new AX860 last wednesday (9). Everything seemed fine until I started to notice a beep. Rather a constant high frequency buzz, not only on GPU load as usually is. That buzz continues even when the PC is turned off and only stop when unplugged. I have recorded a video in which can be heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBRR3iyZOA

I spend many hours of silent night with the computer and I'm going crazy with that beep that nailed you to the depths of the brain. I´m very tired of dealing RMA´s and I've really tried but I can not stand it. I live in Madrid (spain) and spent yet about 40€ of shipping costs with the first RMA. For the second Corsair kindly requested for me a call tag and UPS collected the PSU at home free of costs for me. For this reason I am sorry for asking again the same but watch the video and judge it by yourself.

I can´t make a voice call for request the advanced RMA because my english isn´t good enough to mantain a conversation, so i wouldn´t understand nothing.

Ram Guy, are you there? If you remember my case and can help me again it would be very appreciated. Watch the vídeo, is that ok? Maybe a bad coil isolation? Need another RMA and another call tag... and more luck! What can you do?

Thanks in advance!

More info:

I tried with three good quality power cables, also in different plugs. All mobo power features disabled. Tried too modifying CPU & GPU vcores but buzz still there. In GPU load buzz increases, not much but noticeably. This buzz sounds all the time regardless what you´re doing, browsing, watching a movie... increasing on GPU load. Also tried the same hardware with an old PcP&C PSU and no buzz. Last HX1050 hasn´t buzz too. I'm sitting now in front of the pc and feel like I just left the nightclub, that annoying buzzing in the ears..

Well, it has a very quiet fan also does not go into operation until it passes the 60% ​​load, which in my case is never, great! But that buzzing is unbearable. Many users told that this model was perfect, no buzzing, no fan noise... maybe a faulty one? Can anyone confirm it? Please help.

EDIT: Adding more info, 3rd hang since the the new PSU is in. Suddently the mouse freezes while browsing and had to reboot, just now. Definetly this PSU must be faulty... :(

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry about that I have asked our Engineering to look into this and see what they suggest. But before we do another RMA let's check a few things first.

Are you using a Grounded outlet and have you tried to test the system in another out let that is grounded? Or are you using an APC or battery back up?

Thanks for replying. Yes, of course, all plugs in my home are well grounded, I also tried with another PSU´s and everything´s ok. Just tried with my old PcP&C Silencer 610w and it works great, zero noise. In fact last RMA´ed unit (HX1050) hasn´t that noise, full silently idle except for the awfull fan profile. No, i don´t use an APC but never used and never had noises. Also followed the "noise sticky", disabled all power saving features, tried with many power leads but buzz still there... Any other suggestion or check?

Thanks!

Well... one more day... and nothing. I don´t quite understand what to search about this, it seems a well known issue on many Corsair PSU regardless price. There are lot of youtube videos on this forum where everybody can see and hear it. The only thing what I wonder is if all units has this noise or was only bad luck and sending me another one will be ok. It´s been a week ago since this issue was reported and still waiting...

The first was a HX1000 with electrical/fan noises. You sent me a HX1050. It has a very loud fan so you made arrangements for replacing it for the AX860. And this AX860 has a worse electrical noise than the original HX1000. I´m desperate, need another change, a healthy one.

• Corsair Employee
I have asked our customer service to send you the AX860i which does not have this issue and they will contact you to arrange shipping but if want an advanced RMA please call them by phone and give them that case number and they will take care of you.

I´m afraid the AX860i model had the same fan profile issue than the new HX gold series... So in that case would be removed the electrical noise but had fan noise, that is for what I changed the HX1050. What can you confirm about that? I don´t really know what to to...

Thanks Ram Guy!

Archived