Corsair Community

USB 2.0 Headers

wemdee

Just a FYI.

When I installed the Link system, it used both of my USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard. One for the link commander and one for the ax1200i. I know that I could use the system link connector for the ax1200i and get one back, but I decided to look for another solution.

After looking for awhile I ordered a PCI card with 2 USB 2.0 headers. I am going to send it back because the headers are only one row of pins (5 pin instead of 9/10 pin) and the regular header won't fit.

Anyway, I finally found and ordered this.

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/iu01_usb_expansion

Looks pretty good and doesn't need a PCI slot.

I'll comment back once I get it installed.

Just thought someone else may be facing the same issue.

I have one my self and it's working good. Have my CorsairLink Commander, a card reader and front USB3(just as USB2) port's on it. It work's like just a regular external USB hub, but with headers and ports.

Cool, thanks. :biggrin:

Just a FYI.

When I installed the Link system, it used both of my USB 2.0 headers on my motherboard. One for the link commander and one for the ax1200i. I know that I could use the system link connector for the ax1200i and get one back, but I decided to look for another solution.

After looking for awhile I ordered a PCI card with 2 USB 2.0 headers. I am going to send it back because the headers are only one row of pins (5 pin instead of 9/10 pin) and the regular header won't fit.

Anyway, I finally found and ordered this.

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/iu01_usb_expansion

Looks pretty good and doesn't need a PCI slot.

I'll comment back once I get it installed.

Just thought someone else may be facing the same issue.

Thanks for this post! I have no USB 2.0 headers left on the MB as this component is going to help me out alot and I could put my front interface of my 800D usb 3.0 finally to use and still have room for more usb headers. :D

Thanks for this post! I have no USB 2.0 headers left on the MB as this component is going to help me out alot and I could put my front interface of my 800D usb 3.0 finally to use and still have room for more usb headers. :D

Glad I could help. :sunglasse

• 3 weeks later...

It took awhile to get the internal hub because I pre-ordered Halo4 and Amazon shipped them both in the same shipment.

Anyway, just put the internal hub in and it works great. It has a Velcro mount, so I put it near the hard drive cages in the mid part of the case. I plugged everything in and it works great.

Just in case anyone was wondering how it went. :biggrin:

I've attached a picture if you are curious. To give an idea of size, the fan above it is a standard 120mm.

550201_4949721584652_1841429488_n.thumb.jpg.6f7a6691429b688ace4e9e73f18d04c5.jpg

It took awhile to get the internal hub because I pre-ordered Halo4 and Amazon shipped them both in the same shipment.

Anyway, just put the internal hub in and it works great. It has a Velcro mount, so I put it near the hard drive cages in the mid part of the case. I plugged everything in and it works great.

Just in case anyone was wondering how it went. :biggrin:

I've attached a picture if you are curious. To give an idea of size, the fan above it is a standard 120mm.

looks like something i can use,thx for sharing

Archived