Corsair Community

750-D front dust filter - necessary?

Lylio

Hi everyone,

I've just replaced my 2 front fans of my 750-D case with two Noctua NF-F12PWMs.

However, the dust filter presses against the fans which prevents them spinning (they're slightly longer in depth than the default fans). Is it a terrible idea to leave the dust filter off? I mean, with the main front panel locked on, surely there's not a huge amount of dust being pulled through these fans anyway?

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee
A dust filter isn't required, more of a personal preference. I like having a filter installed to cut down on how often I have to clean out my case. Plus I have a dog that sheds quite a bit, and the filter catches a lot of the fur.

No, the need is strictly environmental and you'll have to assess how much particulate you have floating around. I also need to take mine off for certain fans, but it's hard to notice much difference in the monthly dust total. Some hardware that is very sensitive to active cooling (like a board mounted M.2 drive) may also benefit from having the front filter off. My 950 Pro runs about 4-6C warmer at equivalent fans speeds with the filter on. Most other equipment is less affected. I suppose it comes down to how much you hate cleaning.

Archived