Corsair Community

H115i Pump Fail?

Hydroponic

I've had my H115i for about a year now and I noticed over the past few days that my CPU temp would occasionally spike (like into the 90's, low 100's) on a stock i5 processor with no OC. Normal temps on it are about low 50's under load.

I decided to take the H115i out of my case and give the rad a good dusting. I did that, reseated the cooler with fresh thermal paste and reinstalled. Well, it was fine for a day, then just while ago it began spiking my CPU temps into the 90's with my coolant temp quickly jumping from 30ish up to about 45°C. I realize that quick spikes in coolant temps means a failing pump (or at least no liquid flow).

So I guess it's an RMA for me? I've never had an issue with the unit thus far -- it has worked perfectly and did so very quietly. I guess I am disappointed that merely taking it out of the case and moving it around seems to have caused something to get "knocked loose" within (no I didn't drop it or abuse it in any way).

Oh, and now Corsair Link keeps crashing. This is the first time I've noticed it doing that (I have the latest version).

It doesn't sound promising. Unfortunately, your experience of take down and clean, then escalating coolant temps seems to be a relatively common complaint. The best I can figure is particulate gets stirred up during the process, then settles into unfavorable positions around the pump strainer where it can cause a problem. You can try taking the pump head off the board and shaking it only, hoping to dislodge the blockage at the strainer. However, it is about as scientific as it sounds and there is no guarantee of a result there. There is no good way to address the problem and it is an internal issue. I would start the RMA process through Tech Support. It's a long holiday weekend in the US, so you may have time to ponder whether to shake or not to shake before you get a response.

Corsair Link is really slow at loading now. Most of the time it doesn't even load all the stats, but omits about half of them. I just started it and it doesn't even show my CPU core temps or my motherboard temps.

I wonder if this is a sign of a faulty PCB on my cooler?

I am not sure. If not all statistics are being reported through the software, it would stand to reason there is a problem with the USB cable or something is interfering with Link. I suppose that may depend on what values are not reported. Is the H115i Temp, pump speed, and radiator fans there? Or are other motherboard specific values missing?

OK I got my new cooler in and went ahead and installed. It is running cooler than the other one. However, I still am having trouble with Corsair Link not loading everything. Here is a screenshot of what it loads:

http://i66.tinypic.com/142ui5d.png

As you can see, it is not loading any motherboard or CPU stats at all. Sometimes it does, but most of the time it doesn't. Do I have a bad motherboard?

Archived