Corsair Community

240 mm Hydro GTX front of R5 case

Roq

I was thinking of installing the Corsair Hydro GTX radiator & fans vertically in the front of a fractal R5 case (after moving the drive bays) to avoid having to leave the top open - seems like a sensible place to have a radiator. Are there any snags with this kind of arrangement? Will the pipes reach? Is it a sensible thing to do? :). Thanks.

P.S. Just in case - will be installing in Asus P8Z77-V mbo with i7 3770k...

From a Performance aspect I don't see any issues having the hydro in the front ,most use the front to pull in fresh air so you may notice a little extra dust buildup

I have a front mounted 360 and dust seems to be a little more than usual...

From a Performance aspect I don't see any issues having the hydro in the front ,most use the front to pull in fresh air so you may notice a little extra dust buildup

I have a front mounted 360 and dust seems to be a little more than usual...

Thanks that is encouraging. I was thinking that maybe I don't need any HDD bays because the R5 has two stealth SSD bays and 2 optical bays one of which I can convert to an HDD. In that case it may be possible to remove all the HDD bays and put an additional inflow fan/s in the floor of the case, which has a good dust filter? That could provide some additional cooling for the graphics card/s (which will probably be MSI 970gtx). The aim of all this is to make the machine as quiet as possible given that it is intended to be a full bore gaming system and I may want to add another 970gtx (or two) in SLI later.

Archived