Corsair Community

Double 'e'

SayHiToBob

Hello guys, been facing this new problem with the keyboard, every now and then the letter 'e' will double type fast and will result in errors where texts appear like this "Heello, Teest" instead of "Hello, Test" I'm sure this is only with the E letter since while typing every other letter is fine. I also did put the keyboard from the Control Panel on low repeat rate and speed but same results.

How long have you had this keyboard? Unfortunately, double-presses are a sign that the keyboard is failing. Usually editing the speed will fix it, but it appears there's likely something wrong with the switch itself.

If your keyboard is still under warranty it'd be best to have Corsair send you a new one.

Is the switch wobly ? if so rma otherwise if you had for long time try cleaning the switch and contact spray after it dried then test again, otherwise faulty switch and rma i am now on my 3e k65 rgb so far so good, but my 2e one had double d key press randomly at times i returned it and repurchased it elsewhere cos same store send me 2 faulty keyboards so far, really made me wonder if they sold me refurb product since first one had no plastic protector on corsair logo and a faulty spacebar.

I wish corsair would move to new switch tbh, however cherry mx are the best switch right now only one avaible i believe.

How long have you had this keyboard? Unfortunately, double-presses are a sign that the keyboard is failing. Usually editing the speed will fix it, but it appears there's likely something wrong with the switch itself.

If your keyboard is still under warranty it'd be best to have Corsair send you a new one.

When i had a chattering D key and put it on lowest speed it had no effect at all, heck now that i got my new k65 which has no chattering keys so far but what i did notice now is when you press to light you get chattering to, and i really like to lightly press my keys a lot, my current k65 does't really have much of an issue with this but my previous k65 would go up and down even though holding it lightly.

Archived