Corsair Community

K7N2 Delta ILSR and TwinX1024-3200C2PT Problems

tarrcm

At first I thought I had a bad module, but after running memtest86 v1.15 everything proved to be OK. SYMPTOMS: System won't boot until after several attempts, just gets to Windows logo and the BSOD appears and down she goes. Otherwise seems OK once it gets started. Works better using single mode vs dual mode, fewer failures and less often. Using DMM1 & 3 slots. FSB/DRAM is 1:1 Core Speed 2163Mhz Bus speed 333Mhz CPU/FSB is 166Mhz MEM timings by SPD are 7-3-3-3 DRAM 2.7V AGP 1.5V VCORE 1.65V Sys temp 35C CPU temp 47C Can somebody tell me what I need to do to fix this PLEASE? TY, Clyde

Many thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed to these forums. I was ready to RMA the new RAM when I finally discovered that BIOS settings required some serious tweaking after hours of reading this forum, MSI forum, and many usefull links from both. I still don't know why things never bothered before when I was using Kingston Value Ram...just doesn't figure. In hopes that what I discovered will help someone else, I will list everything that I can think of that mattered. I tried DIMM slots 2 & 3...no luck, only a beeep. Slots 1 & 3 had to be the ones. Advanced Bios: External Cache ENABLED ADVANCED CHIPSET: FSB/DRAM ratio 1:1 DRAM MANUAL DRAM Settings 2.5-3-3-6 FSB Spread Spectrum DISABLED (not used for over 166Mhz) AGP Fast Write DISABLED (can cause instability) System Bios Cacheable DISABLED Video Ram Cacheable DISABLED IDE FUNCTION: IDE Prefetch ENABLED IDE DMA Transfer Access ENABLED IDE HDD Block Mode ENABLED (I chose these settings for my specific system, don't know if they are correct for everyone.) ONBOARD SUPER IO DEVICE: Onboard FDC Controller ENABLED Uart Mode Select ENABLED PnP/PCI CONFIG: PNP OS Installed YES (I have read to set this to NO but I didn't) Reset Config Data DISABLE Resources Controlled By AUTO PCI/VGA Palette Snoop DISABLE PCI Slots AUTO FREQ/VOLTAGE CONTROL: AGP Locked @ 66Mhz PCI Clock Auto Detect DISABLE (The only way I could find to lock PCI BUS @ 33Mhz) DRAM Voltage MANUAL@2.7V There were other changes I made inorder to take advantage of my new Corsair's 400Mhz capability because my CPU is only rated at 333Mhz. I had to do the wire trick on the socket and adjust FSB & CPU multiplier to achieve 200Mhz FSB, 400Mhz BUS, 2.2Ghz core speed. If there is anything I can change to improve this setup, please let me know. GOOD LUCK!

Archived