Corsair Community

Compatible motherboards with CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

harbinger

Hi,

I have a Sabertooth P67 motherboard which I believe it's faulty since it does not post when i insert my Vengeance memories in sockets A1 A2. It only works on B1 and B2 (I know placing both memories in there is not optimal).

I have two questions:

1. Is there a list of mainboards that officially support the Corsair Vengeance memories? I have two CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 and two of this CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 (Although i can't only use two = 8Gb currently because of the faulty mem sockets in my mb). In my Sabertooth P67 manual I don't see Corsair Vengeance as officially supported memories for this mb. I would like to buy a new mainboard and I was thinking about the Sabertooth Z77 but I read also that the corsair vengeance memory is not officially supported in that mb.

2. I bought a 3-dimm kit (3x4gb) and a 2-dimm kit (2x4gb). Is it valid to use 2 memories from the first kit plus the two from the other kit? or will I have compatibility problems?

Thanks!!

It's never recommended to mix memory kits as there's no way to guarantee compatibility.

Did you try one stick at a time? Also keep in mind it could be the CPU, not the memory slots, as the memory controller's in the CPU.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus SABERTOOTH P67

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus SABERTOOTH Z77

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 is compatible with both motherboards.

Thanks! I guess you mean that the cpu socket pins in the mb can have problems. Just saw the 1155 socket and not all pins are 100% equal. I'm kind of ignorant in this matter. There're some differences specially to the right side.

One of the PCI-Express x16 ports don't work either. Had to move my graphics card to the second one.

Sure sounds like the motherboard is bad. I would send it in for RMA if you can or replace it .

I guess you mean that the cpu socket pins in the mb can have problems.

The pins can definatly effect things. However , Wired was referring to what used to be called the old "north bridge" AKA memory controller . They are no longer part of the MB , but now the CPU itself. Since this migration memory has become really picky about using the correct RAM and only using one kit where all modules are matched. They just are not as tolerant as they used to be.

Archived