Corsair Community

Corsair AIO H100i PRO RGB temps issue

Hi,

im using H100iPRO but recently found out the built in temps seem very cool temp like around slightly above room temps and didn't trigger to speed up the fans even my CPU 100% full load at 72c and above rising. Is it my unit got fault temps sensor is it normal it stay around 38.4c ?? or is icue software got issue using version 3.29.110? please help anyone

2117700792_corsairH100i.thumb.JPG.512eb53706b322d28addc8913ce813e5.JPG

Hey, I also had the h100i plarinum rgb se and the temps of the cpu and the water in the H100i are so normal that I can calm you down. Once you have the water temperature and the temperature of the CPU. you don't need to worry about that.

Look in the settings of you h100i in the icue software how the fan curve is set and what the fans should react to. you can make your own custom and then choose the fans and create your own curve.

Edited by Chris1987

As mentioned above, the temperature listed to the right of the AIO pump in the cooler tab is the coolant/liquid temperature, referred to as H100i Pro Temp for your model.

The process is CPU socket -> voltage (heat) -> CPU -> conductive plate on the cooler. The AIO picking up conductive heat from the CPU, transporting it to the radiator for dispersal, and then blowing it somewhere else. However, that transfer runs both ways across the cold plate. This makes coolant temp your baseline or lowest possible CPU temperature. The relationship is +1 coolant temp = +1C CPU temp and the same in reverse. This is why the fans are set to respond to coolant temperature. They get rid of heat in the coolant stream. So if you are seeing a +6C rise in coolant temp under load, the most you can possible reduce CPU temp with any speed is 6C. Coolant temp and CPU won't be the same unless your PC is powered off and the voltage is zero.

No matter what you do with the fans or pump, that won't change the amount of heat generated at the CPU by x.xx volts for your Vcore. You have to live with that effect and it is the limitation for all of us. If you take a 10900K and set it 1.50v, then set it up with a small 120mm cooler and massive 1 meter external radiator array, both CPUs will exhibit the same temp at 100% load -- at least for the first few seconds. The difference is the huge external cooler won't get any warmer, while the little 120 will see a continual coolant (and CPU temp) rise until the CPU hits thermal shutdown. For an 8086/8700K running 5.0, you are likely to see a +5-8C in coolant temp rise at load, depending on exact wattage.