Corsair Community

Need help, alt modifier

so guys my question is simple, i searched a lot but cant finde the answer, for an example, all my keys are green, is it possible if i press alt, the keys 1,2,3,4 are blue, but only for the time i press alt, and if i only 1,2,3 or 4 nothing happens, i just want the keys in blue if i press alt ... i hope it is possible, i have tryed it with a profie but then all keys are off for a second. i hope u can understand what i try to say, sorry for my bad english :/ pls help :)

I'd like to add that I'm looking for this functionality too. To keep things simple lets use keys all ( windows ) users would be familiar with. How about the copy and paste shortcuts for windows eh? So they are as follows:

Ctrl + C = copy

Ctrl + V = paste

So what I'd like my K70 to do is this. I can make it stay solid red. Now, when I'm writing a post online or something and I want to use the copy keyboard shortcut I would naturally press Ctrl first then C. What I would like the K70 lighting to do is when I press Ctrl then it goes blue, but, the C key and V key also turn blue. Make sense?

To be complete though all those keys, Ctrl, C, and V would have to revert back to red when I let up on the Ctrl key. That would return the keyboard to its solid color.

The end result it that whenever I pressed the Ctrl key I would get a visual display of what keys could be used for shortcut commands.

Now I know that copy and paste are pretty easy. Its just an example. Where it really gets interesting is in programs such as Photoshop where having that visual reminder of what shortcuts are available simply by pressing a "modifier key" would really be nice.

I hope there is a way to make that happen. I haven't found one yet.

D.

• 1 month later...

okay, here is what you do:

- Go to you Profile your using and add a mode (that's the little plus). Don't copy your active mod, or any, because there seams to be a bug which will foil our plan

- now design your "shortcutlayer". for example color your "c" and "v" and whatever

- now go back to the "default" mode (or whatever the name is for your initial mod) and select the first tab called "assignments" (or "zuweisung" in german). right click on the modifier key you want to use, for example "ctrl", and select "Mode selection/switching".

Now select the mode you just created and check the box called "while pressed".

You're done. Repeat that for as many modifier keys you want to use. One mode for "ctrl", one for "alt" etc....

If there's something not clear, get back to me :) I'll then try to explain it better ^^

have fun and good luck

I just realized, that in my demo, the "ctrl" key loses its function... so you will need to set a macro or better a "keystroke" like ctrl+c for the "c" key in the "assignment" tab ->right click on key -> assign new action -> keystroke -> whatever you need.

Do you know what I mean?

EDIT: Okay I updated the demo file...

you have to make macros/keystrokes. so when you press and hold the ctrl key to switch to the new mode and press for example "c", at the moment it just triggers the "c" button but not ctrl+c. you have to set c as a new action -> keystroke -> ctrl+c.

At the moment I don't know any other workaround.

Archived