Corsair Community

Any way to make a CUE profile run off a program that isn't an EXE?

Hi guys. I figure this is probably going to be a long shot but it's worth an ask.

It's as the title says really. CUE's been working great for me and I've got different profiles set up for all my games. However there is one game I have that works a little weird - it runs off a normal *.exe when the game first starts up to the menu, but when starting actual gameplay I've discovered that the *.exe seems to stop and it instead runs off an *.sp file. This means that my game profile is active in the menu but then automatically switches back to my default profile during gameplay.

CUE seems to only let you link profiles to *.exe files, at least within the software itself. Any remote chance that there might be a way to assign one to this *.sp file? Even if it's somewhere "behind the scenes", as it were?

I guess I could always put the game settings as an alternate mode on my default profile if I had to, though I'd rather keep them separate if at all possible.

Sincerest thanks in advance for any input.

Heh. I'd already tried typing the file path (well, copy & paste anyway) and it didn't paste in. I thought it wasn't possible to do it but turns out I was trying to paste it in the wrong place! :P

Unfortunately it didn't work. :( I managed to enter the file path and CUE now says the profile is linked to the *.sp file, but the profile still doesn't automatically switch over when the gameplay starts. I know I've got the right file as a profile I set up for my new mouse (different make) allowed me to link it to that file without problems and only started working once I did. I guess CUE just doesn't work the same way.

Looks like it's a no go then. Oh well, I've still got the game set up under a separate profile from the default one and I've just assigned the Scroll Lock button to manually switch between the two. Not ideal but it'll do the job.

Thank you for your help, Reapexx. At any rate I know where to manually type/paste stuff into now - always good to know just in case! :)

Heh. I'd already tried typing the file path (well, copy & paste anyway) and it didn't paste in. I thought it wasn't possible to do it but turns out I was trying to paste it in the wrong place! :P

Unfortunately it didn't work. :( I managed to enter the file path and CUE now says the profile is linked to the *.sp file, but the profile still doesn't automatically switch over when the gameplay starts. I know I've got the right file as a profile I set up for my new mouse (different make) allowed me to link it to that file without problems and only started working once I did. I guess CUE just doesn't work the same way.

Looks like it's a no go then. Oh well, I've still got the game set up under a separate profile from the default one and I've just assigned the Scroll Lock button to manually switch between the two. Not ideal but it'll do the job.

Thank you for your help, Reapexx. At any rate I know where to manually type/paste stuff into now - always good to know just in case! :)

Yeah CUE is a bit finicky when it comes to locking onto programs and such. I know it works with .scr files for screensavers, though.

Oh well, I've still got the game set up under a separate profile from the default one and I've just assigned the Scroll Lock button to manually switch between the two. Not ideal but it'll do the job.

Well, turns out that isn't the best solution after all... I've just discovered that using the manual switch between those two profiles actually turns off the automatic switching for all the rest! I didn't realise that was going to happen - I assumed CUE could still auto-switch between all the profiles even if a manual switch key for just one was set up.

I don't suppose there's a way around this, is there?

Well, turns out that isn't the best solution after all... I've just discovered that using the manual switch between those two profiles actually turns off the automatic switching for all the rest! I didn't realise that was going to happen - I assumed CUE could still auto-switch between all the profiles even if a manual switch key for just one was set up.

I don't suppose there's a way around this, is there?

nope. If auto switching was always on, how would manual even work? You would have to repeatedly choose profiles manually.

Archived