Corsair Community

Fan speeds... ?wtf? Can we just get some simple Voltage control?

ZeroOne

Using 1.2.5.0 and the commander (1.1.9), with cooling node only (1.1.12)....

The fan speeds are all over the place. When all fans are set to maximum, the speeds read correctly. Now, for some reason, when selecting "custom" on one fan, all fans almost double their RPM reading. For example, one that maxes out around 1850 then says 3300 when any one fan is set to anything other than "maximum." All fans have to be set to maximum, or the numbers double erratically.

I appreciate the effort going into programming the software. That said, most people are familiar with the old school dial controllers that do nothing more than vary the speed by going from like 5-7v to 12v. Is there some way we can just have the thermal sensors, and tell each fan to be at a certain voltage? Maybe increments? Each one could have 0v (off), 7v, 10v, and 12v?? For low, medium, and high? Maybe that could eliminate some of this confusion?

I dunno... just a thought. The erratic behavior of the RPM numbers is making me just want simple voltage increments for a given temp range. An old school dial with a software interface. :confused:

The whole point of this project was to regulate the airflow to keep a few RAID arrays held at a specific temperature automatically. With the erratic fan speeds, none of my custom settings seem to work, and I find myself manually adjusting things... and HD temps going from 30C to 42C.

yes! anything! please!...ive had this thing sitting here for a month. I was encouraged by the replies from the developers awhile back so I held on to it. All my fans stuck on max.

I actually installed the LED link last week only to find out every time my PC wakes from sleep I have to turn the LED's back on manually and reset the color. This product is so bad it makes me LOL.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but the next software version should help with these issue, I will however report what you have posted.

And HDD issues like this are hard to translate because the temp of a spinning HDD can be volatile even a change in humidity can effect the temp.

I am sorry but the next software version should help with these issue, I will however report what you have posted.

And HDD issues like this are hard to translate because the temp of a spinning HDD can be volatile even a change in humidity can effect the temp.

Thanks for reporting the issue. I should clarify... I am using the temp sensors provided in the cooling unit. I do not use any CPU or HD SMART readings for this specific purpose, nor do I really expect the link to pull them accurately, as all but a couple are in RAID arrays and not passing the SMART data past the controllers own software. The sensor is the link-provided, thermal taped to the HD itself.

I really just want to be able to read the temp of the included sensors, and set a voltage accordingly. No need for RPM.... just want "CONTROL".... voltage would be great!! :) If you need a beta tester, count me in. I'm remoting into this server-pc all day.

Archived