Corsair Community

Link software

Arimis5226

Okay, got everything hooked up last night. The H100 and LED controls worked as advertised, except the profiles needed to be reloaded from save this morning. It's like the profile was being used, but I had to load it again for the settings to actually shift from default.

I did have a question concerning the link software. Why doesn't this run as a service instead of a program? It doesn't start upon windows start-up, and it isn't running as a service which could be the reasons why people are having profile issues upon boot. I could force it to run as a service, but considering this is still in the initial release phases, I prefer to run it as intended.

I'd really like to see it load up in my system tray, minimized and running as a service at start up.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have 3 of the stock fans in the Cooler Master HAF X case hooked up, and they only run at max speed. I cannot adjust them. I know this is something others have mentioned, I just wanted to confirm. These fans are 3 pin, not 4, if that changes anything.

Just to clarify, it looks like this may be a bug. Sometimes when I click the "x" at the top right corner of the software, it minimizes onto my desktop, and I actually get a small window bar at the bottom left corner of my win7 desktop. Other times, when I click the "x" it minimizes into the system tray like it's suppose to. Either way, it is always listed as an application under task manager. Most programs that fall into the system tray are not listed as an application while they are in the tray.

Ditto, Arimis!

At least, it should be that as end users, we should be given the choice of how to run the program (maybe later, when the more important bugs (features?!) are worked out. I'm fairly happy as of now, new product line and all. There have always been drawbacks to riding the "Bleeding Edge" of anything. Sometimes when things don't go as hoped, all you lose is some time or data, other times stuff physically disintergrates (sp)and shrapnel comes winging out past your ear!

Archived