Corsair Community

abit KV8-Max3

Weaponx0073

do you think there will be much performance differance between TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader Retail and Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 CAS2.5 Value Select Memory Retail I say that because while I'm going as high end as possible with the rest of the parts >only getting the A64 3200 because the perforance diff I've seen in the benchmarks isnt worth the extra $$ to me right now< I wont be overclocking at all. [quote name='CandyKid']It's optional. If you want to use ECC modules, you can, but not required. However, you can only use 2 modules at DDR400+, but you can get sufficient memory in 2 modules anyways. PLUR CK[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me, but I think it's around a 3-8% performance increase, just off the top of my head, RAM GUY has the exact numbers. However, putting the VSKit in your setup is like putting stock 14" rims on a brand new Cadillac! Don't get me wrong, the VS memory is still great memory, but it's like a sedan versus a sports coupe. I'd go for the TwinX if I were you, especially if you're not overclocking. It'll give you just a little more, "oompf!" PLUR CK

I'm considering just going with the Pro versions of these memory >>sorta wish they had a platnum version of this I think that would look really cool<< even though I dont have a case window yet I'm considering adding one because I think my case manufacturer lets me order the whole door with the window >because it comes in both versions<< [quote name='CandyKid']Don't quote me, but I think it's around a 3-8% performance increase, just off the top of my head, RAM GUY has the exact numbers. However, putting the VSKit in your setup is like putting stock 14" rims on a brand new Cadillac! Don't get me wrong, the VS memory is still great memory, but it's like a sedan versus a sports coupe. I'd go for the TwinX if I were you, especially if you're not overclocking. It'll give you just a little more, "oompf!" PLUR CK[/QUOTE]

• Corsair Employee
Any of the modules you asked about will run great with this system, and the difference is about 1-3% as this MB is single channel, so there is a bit less margin to play with. However, just install then in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.

Archived