Corsair Community

H100i Red LED not working

antonyfrn

Hi I recently bought a H100i I've had it now three weeks and this morning I noticed the red LED stopped working it just shows black when red is selected should I try contacting support or making a RMA if I go down the RMA route what are the chances I got of an advanced RMA when the unit ships first as ill be stuck with out a working system what I need to be able to use daily.

Only working colours are blue and green

Removed the CL2 software latest version

changed USB cable to another connection on my motherboard

reinstalled the software recreated fresh profiles

Red LED is just black

also did a reset of the firmware by reinstalling the 1.05 firmware

Ok tried a few more things seems like its semi working but not its hard to get basic colours like white or any that uses red. I tried out the old cl 2.2 issue still happens. hoping ram guy can shine some light on this the units 22days old and its hard to say if its software or hardware issue

• Corsair Employee
When you say "semi working", what do you mean by that? does it mean you have to play around with the LED sliders before you can make the Red LED to work? Unless you are referring to the Red color is kind of washed out and not as solid as blue and green.

I'm having to play around with the slider this is how I got it to work but any chance in colour it goes off

Set LED to normal mode all colours set to 0/0/0

Red LED Set to 255 not working logo is black no lighting

Blue LED Set to 255 light shows as blue not pink

Green LED Set to 255 light shows as light Blue after about 30 seconds the light turns White (R=255,G=255,B=255)

Note: this would be instant colour change before Monday

Green LED Set to 0 = purple/pink light (R=255 G=0 B=255)

Blue LED Set to 0 = very washed out yellow (R=255 G=255 B=0)

Blue & Green LED Set to 0 (R=255,G=0,B=0)

now I have Red working soon as I tick pulsing its totally black

I've done this with each option any colour that needs red does not work correctly if its not a solid red that is not pulsing

• Corsair Employee
I have no info regarding 1.06 FW, if any changes or release that will be made, we will surely announce it right away. Any FW that is under development right will most likely address issues that we are currently seeing right now, LED is one of them.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
When you say "semi working", what do you mean

To me it looks like the 1.07 firmware is not initialising correctly :bigeyes:. When I first power on my H100i the LED is on and almost white even though the registers are all set to zero. Writing zero again has no effect. If I write 0,0,1 then the colour changes from white to yellow. Writing 0,1,1 it then goes to red and finally 1,1,1 gives me black :confused:.

This effect only happens on my H100i, both my CL Minis operate as I would expect :biggrin:.

I did these tests using my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility as it's far more reliable than CL and I know exactly which registers are being written.

I just tried powering on with the values be 1,1,1 and this time all the LED was off, so I suspect the issue is triggered by one of more of the colours being zero. If I set 1,1,0 and after power-on the LED is on and Blue :eek:

Archived