Corsair Community

COrsair compatability question

darligh

Had a perfect LONG explanitory post and this damn piece of crap deleted it and logged me out, that's infuriating for someone who works two jobs and schools 13 credit hours like me. :mad: :evil: anyhell, I have the Chaintech ZNF3-150 the AMD64 3200+ the Prolink PixelView 5700 PDF and need to know what is the very BEST Corsair for the gaming job with up and coming. PLEASE help, I know about 'Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200C2PT - OEM' but is it the BEST, for a non-seasoned OC'er who is still earning his A+???? Please help RAM GUY!?!?!?

Thank you for the help so far, but in my rush I forgot some vital info since the first post was erased, within that previous question. I don't intend on anything below 1GB of ram which means I require at least two sticks, and I have heard this board is picky about aggressive memory timings, especially when more than one stick is added. The program for tweaking latencies must be used in the OS (from nvidia) and it does not allow for a change of the CAS, it seems to benchmark best from my research with 2(or setting itself automatically to 2.5)-3-3-6(or 7) it lets you alter voltage in BIOS and the 3-3-6 timings only in OS. Also, I don't think the board likes dual channel even though I have seen pro benchmark testers get it to work well with it, yet I am not at that level and am not certain enough to chance it, unless someone could tell me for sure what settings are needed, and even at that I would at the dual point want 2GB if you have it available from Corsair. While the only thing I would take a chance at overclocking right now would be the video card (which is designed specifically for it) and even that I won't do until I am certain of what I am doing below is the total testbed I am probably only going to do 5-10% at a time while attempting since I am so new to OC'ing: The GeForce FX 5700 from Prolink, at standard 128-bit 256 MB DDR memory runs at default 425 MHz for the core and 300 MHz (x2) for it's memory. The 5700 was a reasonable overclocker with 470 MHz as core frequency and again 710 MHz for the memory. These settings have been used throughout our entire benchmark suite. That means that each card has been tested in the overclocked conditions in twenty-eight individual tests without corruption or weirdness in the form of system hangs. Both cards are consistent in all benchmarks and that's 56 single test-runs. This has also been tested in other specific runs at the very same overclock by multiple boards. Thank you very much again for your time RAM GUY, this is very important as I intend on making my purchase today if possible.

Archived