Corsair Community

Corsair XMS & Asus K8V Deluxe Problem

QuantumTorrent

So, I'm about at the end of my rope here, anyone have other ideas? Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard AMD Athlon64 3200+ Corsair XMS TWINX 512-3200C x 2 Here's my problem. I can only use one memory module in the system at any given time. There are three RAM slots, blue, yellow, yellow. Having read through the manual, and the other possible configurations for the RAM and where it should be on the board, and having them fail, I'd like some advice. Essentially, the only configuration the board will boot/POST under is when only one stick of 512XMS is in the 'blue' slot (slot #1); all other configurations fail. Am I missing something in the BIOS? Voltage/speed setting should be set to something other than 'Auto'? I'm not sure, really. Thoughts? Thanks, in advance.

Hmm curious, try setting Ram Voltage to 2.7, timings to 2.5-3-3-6 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS) performance mode to standard, all other memory options to Auto. for two stick use slots 1 & 3. First i would test each stick in slot 1 on there own with memtest for four passes. If they both pass use slots 1 & 3 and then test again. Post back with results. Rob

So I tried altering the RAM settings in the BIOS. No luck. Changed the speeds to 2.0-3-3-6 and 2.5-3-3-6, and set the voltage to 2.7 in both cases, with no joy on either configuration. Both sticks DO pass the RAM test, but I plan on running it again. Any other suggestions?

So individually the sticks pass memtest at 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7V yes ? does the system even boot with both sticks in slots 1 and 3? If yes then im assuming it fails memtest? If no, before you put the second stick in just try 2.5-4-4-8. This is just to see if its a timing problem. Post back. Rob

Actually, it is the SE edition. Something I neglected to mention in my initial post. I've been searching the Asus website, and their service and support for answers, and found none. Professors around campus and other hardware-saavy friends have all suggested the same thing - RMA the motherboard - something I'd rather not have to do (but if it comes down to it, I have no choice). Any further thoughts?

this bios [url]ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_754/VIA_Chipset/K8T800/K8V_SE_Deluxe/[/url] has been posted in another thread, maybe something to try, otherwise if the memory passes memtest individually but wont post together it has to be a CPU or motherboard problem. Even testing the memory in another board to put your mind at rest about the Ram might be an idea. Other than that i cant think why this would happen, i have a similar setup and have never had any problems running two sticks. Rob

Archived