Corsair Community

Force 3 Firmware update fails with fatal error ECode:00000057

atlus

Hello,

I have experienced BSODs and want to update my Force 3 firmware from 1.3 to 1.3.3. I have run the updater in administrator mode and have AHCI enabled, but the update always fails with the fatal error ECode: 00000057. My signature is -22790 and I am selecting the correctly matching 22790.vic

Any advice for how to update my firmware without it failing?

Another forum member "Wired" suggested to run the update tool by right clicking on it and select "Run as admin". This does the update without any fatal error but when I re-scanned for the ssd drive it shows the same firmware 1.3.2. and did not update.

Could you try and post your result....

I do right click and select "Run as admin". The firmware update still fails for me. My firmware always shows 1.3. My BSODs occur infrequently enough that I am dealing with it now. If any new suggestions get posted I will try to update again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the AMD SATA controller installed. I have not tried uninstalling the AMD SATA drivers and installing generic ones. I'm not even sure where I would find these alternate drivers and if that will help.

Since my drive has firmware 1.3, I tried using the 1.3.2 updater and that failed with the same error message that the 1.3.3 update failed with (fatal error ECode: 00000057).

Go to your SATA controller in device manager and see if there is a roll back option. Even if there is no rollback, you can just uninstall the AMD driver. The microsoft standard AHCI 1.0 serial ATA controller driver will install itself.

I have always used the default microsoft one for everything and my drives get advertised speeds. If you really feel more comfortable with the AMD or Intel driver you can always install them after the firmware update.

Thank you for the information Synbios. I have tried rolling back and running the updater (of course as admin) and this still fails to update. I have tried both update to 1.3.2 and 1.3.3. I then uninstalled the AMD sata controller and upon restart of computer, the AMD sata controller was automatically reinstalled. How do I go about uninstalling the AMD controller and having the microsoft AHCI controller install?

I figured out how to switch the driver to the standard Microsoft AHCI controller. I then successfully updated the firmware to 1.3.3. Thank you for the help. I will keep my fingers crossed that my BSOD's stop occuring now.

• 1 year later...

i keep getting the same error (057) even after doing everything you suggested above..

Under normal circumstances i wouldn't bother but the disk has recently become slower than usual and since it's relatively new (bought less than a year ago) i was hoping that the new firmware would solve the problem.

i currently have the 5.02 firmware version and my ssd is corsair force 3 120gb

Can i do anything else? Could it be that there is a problem with the disk?

Archived