Corsair Community

H100i + SP120 Performance + included resistor = semi controlable RPM

sinnedone

Well like the title says. If your using SP120's on your h100i only to find out that with the latest firmware and software you cant adjust rpm, then adding the included resistor (comes with the performance edition dont know about the quiet editions) will give you some slight rpm adjustability.

I havent seen this mentioned so excuse me if it was. Ive been searching for a day and found nothing.

Basicly if you add the included resistor with the sp120's and connect them to your h100i's fan controller you will be able to adjust rpm from 900 (quiet) to 1600 (maximum). RPM control will let you adjust lower.

I hopes this helps those that are stuck with loud fans.

I also hope this helps Corsair figure out what to do to the fan coltroller to make it work with fans other than the included fans.

The integrated fan controller was one of the features that sold me on this unit so im a little underwhelmed that it does not work. :mad:

no

Right on the box and the website it says and I quote,

Corsair Link Monitoring and Control

Monitor temperature and control lighting and fan speed on your screen. No additional hardware is necessary.

Built-In Corsair Link

No additional hardware is necessary – just connect the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link Dashboard software. You can monitor coolant temperature and adjust cooling performance directly from your desktop.

No asterisks stating it was only a "special" type of fan that at this moment in time cannot be purchased even on Corsairs own website.

I'm a little p*** off about that especially since it worked before the last updateed firmwware/software.

No hostility directed torwards you Ramguy since you do a very good job helping people on the forum. ;):

• Corsair Employee
No asterisks stating it was only a "special" type of fan that at this moment in time cannot be purchased even on Corsairs own website.

Sorry about that, but the stock fans will also be available on our website if not by the end of this month, earth January.

I'm a little p*** off about that especially since it worked before the last updateed firmwware/software.

We are looking into improve the FW/SW in the future, we are trying to make it more compatible with after market fans.

Archived