Corsair Community

Multiple macro presses per key

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a reason why you couldn't simply have CTRL1/2/3 bound on seperate keys? Seems like you don't need them to be executed in a row, since you wouldn't mind this theoretical 'cycle/toggle' function.

Other than that, if we would have an ACTION which is profile or mode switch, you could do this setup of yours. You would just need 3 modes on a profile, and each time you press the target Gkey, it performance CTRL+1 & switches modes to the next one. So the next time you press the same Gkey it'll do CTRL+2, and switch to the following mode, etc.

PS: You might want to either link your suggestion in your OP, or provide a better subject/description. IE, Cycling Macros on a single key. Something like that. For the current way you explain it, sounds like you are after a repeat functionality, which is already there. ;) Just my 2 cents.

Is there a reason why you couldn't simply have CTRL1/2/3 bound on seperate keys? Seems like you don't need them to be executed in a row, since you wouldn't mind this theoretical 'cycle/toggle' function.

Other than that, if we would have an ACTION which is profile or mode switch, you could do this setup of yours. You would just need 3 modes on a profile, and each time you press the target Gkey, it performance CTRL+1 & switches modes to the next one. So the next time you press the same Gkey it'll do CTRL+2, and switch to the following mode, etc.

PS: You might want to either link your suggestion in your OP, or provide a better subject/description. IE, Cycling Macros on a single key. Something like that. For the current way you explain it, sounds like you are after a repeat functionality, which is already there. ;) Just my 2 cents.

I suggested it and nothing ever came of it. I do not want the keyboard to cycle through different modes and such.

Here is what I am looking for

First key press control+1

Second key press Control + 2

Third key press Control +3

Fourth key press switches back to control + 1

I play an MMORPG and only pressing the button once and having the keyboard activate 2-3 abilities with small delays between is not legal in the MMORPG world. Each ability needs to be activated by a key press, this is why I need this.

I also at the moment have them all bound to different keys but I play a ninja in FF14. Utilizing multiple key presses per key will allow me to stop memorizing which mudra to press first and instead only make me memorize which button to press however many times to make certain action happen. That is why I am looking for this to occur. Thank you.

I suggested it and nothing ever came of it. I do not want the keyboard to cycle through different modes and such.

Here is what I am looking for

First key press control+1

Second key press Control + 2

Third key press Control +3

Fourth key press switches back to control + 1

I play an MMORPG and only pressing the button once and having the keyboard activate 2-3 abilities with small delays between is not legal in the MMORPG world. Each ability needs to be activated by a key press, this is why I need this.

I also at the moment have them all bound to different keys but I play a ninja in FF14. Utilizing multiple key presses per key will allow me to stop memorizing which mudra to press first and instead only make me memorize which button to press however many times to make certain action happen. That is why I am looking for this to occur. Thank you.

Hey there,

I understood your request/question.

I was trying to explain how it could have been achieved with the addition of profile/mode switch actions. From what I know, there isn't any function that does what you detail. And sure, switching modes wouldn't be your favorite thing to do/arrange. But it would be a way to have the desired end goal functionality. On key press, macro, on key release, switch to next mode. And this would cycle through the actions you mentioned and boom.

Other than hoping for such an action down the road, I don't think one should expect to see a whole new macro handling popping up any time soon. :(

Maybe even consider having some unique lighting effects specific to the macro keys you wanted. depending on how you are using said abilities, you could have the refresh timer of the ability last for X seconds before going to the default color/dark, etc. This would be a visual way to keep track of which ability you used last.

Maybe with timers you could manage to work something out too.

I'm sure there are other ways to achieve the same thing, but I think the mode/profile switch / cycling would probably be the easiest way to go about it. Assuming we get a mode/profile switch/cycle action.

Sorry If this all sounds like garbage to you. :(

Archived