Corsair Community

AX750: powers up and shuts down and powers up again

bif

Hi all,

I got me a AX750 yesterday and after the installation I switch it on, it switches off itself. (totally dead) Then about 3 or 4 second later, it switches on and goes into window normally. Doesnt crash and seems to be very stable.

My problem is similar to

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=100142

but mine goes into Windows everytime.

Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Other components are:

P8Z68V on a i5 2500k

Vengance 2x4GB

WD AAKX

Thanks.

My EVGA P55SLI board does the same double boot routine. 28 months no damage I can see. Hasn't even bothered the two Corsair P128 SSD's in RAID 0. The double boot is for precision clock synchronization and is found on many performance boards, though in many BIOS's you can turn it off if you're not overclocking (See motherboard manufacturer's website and/or forums to see if it's possible with the BIOS you have or whether you'll need to update the BIOS to do it).

Cool, thanks for the confirmation! After much research yesterday, I kind of found the same answers. I think it may be an obvious concern as I wast sure if the current that goes through the system would damage the RAM from the double boot.

I suppose for now I will have to just live with it. I will be overclocking as soon as I get my new keyboard (Asus Bios dont like wireless KB/mouse)

No problem. As far as your wireless keyboard mouse problem. From looking at your motherboard's manual, it looks like there are three options for Legacy USB Support under the Advanced tab of your BIOS, Enabled (the default I believe), Disabled, and Auto. Try setting it to Auto. If Auto is the default try setting it to Enabled. Exit the BIOS saving changes.

Archived