Corsair Community

h80 fan speeds profile

nam.uk

can someone tell me or post a vid on the correct noise levels of the h80 fan speeds , i am readng very load and quiet both at max settings:confused: was the firmware upgraded? if i plug them in to the mb direct they are very load is that the speed of the highest profile?

not even sure i have a faulty unit , just done a firmware re-set as well.

Don't know about sound levels but I do know that, even on max speed setting, the RPM of the fans are increased depending on the temperature of the cooling fluid. So even if you put it to max, if the CPU is idle then it'll be marginally louder than the lower settings until it gets under load, at which point the fans speed up quite a lot because the coolant heat up.

Below is the graph for the H100 but I'm assuming it's more or less the same as the H100.

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/Blog/H100_buildlog/profile_chart.jpg

thanks for posting sum1quiet , thats what i have now been reading tonight and confirming it reading this http://www.corsair.com/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles/

but what gets me is all the reviews say otherwise i.e max setting and fans running full speed on the third light no monitoring nothing just max fan speed or what ever you set the profile at, that does throw you off a bit and that makes the official reviews Void due to loud fans and no monitoring mentioned and once you own the unit you find out this is not the case, not complaining as i like the current setup,

imop the reviews need tobe pulled as there setting a different light over what you buy to this date i.e complete different fan profiles, as people like quieter systems which are monitored.

no issues on temps even with standard fans but i replaced them now due to this 3 stage profile button issue so i get better airflow,

the problem is i push the button and the fan speed goes up a bit , from what i read on here they only go up when the coolant temp goes up but on reviews ect this is a different story i.e hit the button and fan speeds change dramatically and that's using the supplied fans, there is even utube posts that are saying why the fans do not speed up:confused: so it is not just me,

there must of been a firmware update too the profile settings to suit the new i link coming out.

as the max (3 lights) using the push pull corsair fans even running prime they never ramped up so the coolant getting hotter and making the fan spin faster is waffle they just stick at the fastest lowest profile setting.

have a look on here there is another poster asking why the fan speeds do not change.

What reviews are you referring to? If some users fan controllers are not acting the way that sum1quiet described, then they have problems with their controllers, and need to be reset or RMA'd. The response of fans other than the Corsair fans will be random, depending upon their characteristics.

At idle, changing the profiles from Quiet to Performance only changes the fan speed from 900 RPM to 1600 RPM, which may not be very audible if the PC has other fans running.

But it is also possible that the controller is not working correctly.

:(: just re-read some reviews but the overclock utube review h100 did mention the profile button ect i was waffling about, so i totally missed this i fell a right tit now:brick:

also temps were fine at idle but load they went to 81c hottest core and the fans just stayed at 1600Rpm now after 6 reseats i figured out the base is not square (55mm,63mm) :roll: how i missed this is beyond me:mad: thing is i had the pipes pointing up or pointing down due to hitting the memory/cooler, the thing is on the GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 1.0) The caps on the left are very near the socket so the H80 block was hitting the caps and not seating correct , so i turned it so the pipes come on the right like advertised now at load i get 65c at 4ghz 1.280 volts standard fans using Mx4 idle temps are the same though but loud temps beat the true 120 Rev c cooler now.

feel a right tit :laughing:

also the paste on the supplied H80/100 why not release this as a separate item as people do rate it.

Archived