Corsair Community

Asus Striker II Formula + TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX

RHYN0X

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.05 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 months later...

I've been having some problems with 8Gb of this memory modules... At first, the system froze. Now, I get some BSoD while playing. So I think this topic may help me...

When you say to use 2.1V on the memory modules when installing 8GB, thats for latencies 4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5-18??

I've got latest BIOS and drivers and I've been having trouble while runing my modules at 2.1V and 4-4-4-12 2T.

Thanks...

Also, on [http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.PHP?t=67377], you told:

Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15

Where can I define this on Striker II Formula's BIOS? I can't see any option close to "tWTP" and no values are, in default 10 ou 15. Is there any way to indirectly set this "tWTP"?? I can configure, on that page:

tCL (CAS Latency)

tRCD

tRP

tRAS

Command per clock (CMD)

tRRD

tRC

tWR

tWTR

tREF

tRD

tRFC

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

With four of these modules I would suggest the following settings:

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

SLI Ready: Disabled

FSB Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked

FSB QDR MHz: Default/Auto

MEM DDR MHz: 667MHz

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2T

Test the system with http://www.memtest.org to make sure the settings are stable, and then you can try increasing the memory frequency to see where the board will top out at with four modules. In order to run all four together at 800MHz, you may need to overclock the board, and in this case I would suggest bumping up the nForceSPP voltage to 1.45-1.5v and see if that gives you better stability at 800Mhz. This article may help explain the limitations when using four modules in a motherboard.

Without overvolting the SPP, what would give me a better performance?

- 667 MHz, 4-4-4-12 2T

- 800 MHz, 5-5-5-18

I'm asking this because with SPP voltages above 1.4V my OS won't boot!

Ow, and with 800 MHz, 4-4-4-12 2T, and VSPP 1.36V, my system was able to run memtest86+ 2.01 for over 6 hours without errors.

• Corsair Employee

If the system is stable and not getting errors then you should be fine but with 4 modules it will be hit and miss, just be prepared to lower the memory Frequency as needed.

For your last questions!

You might look this/those setting /'s up on the BIOS Optimization Guide at Techarp and get a better explanation.

Archived