Corsair Community

iCUE v3.28.70 Patch Notes

Corsair James

i have it working fine, with the asus plugin

p1kalmig2k.jpg

Until the issue is happening again. First few hours after iCUE update I also had no problem and Asus Mainboard and Vengeance Pro RGB were both recognized just fine in iCUE but after some hours the red warning for the Vengeance reappeared like in all the previous versions since the Asus beta in January. Only solution for me is to delete this Asus plugin folder which fixes the issue forever until the next iCUE update reinstalls the Asus folder... I think this must have something to do with that Asus Aura is also able to take control over the Vengeance as it's implemented in themat software too so both programs want to control the dram which is just not working...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have the asus aura software installed, and i also avoid HWinfo which hard crashes parts of icue invisibly in the background (and doesnt recover without a reinstall, with my commander pro sensor readings)

Ah look, that's why it's working for you. Asus Mainboard LED control is only possible with Asus Aura being installed. And that will be the reason why the Dram in iCUE gets the red warning because Aura is taking control over the Dram, only one program can control the Ram, obviously.. Corsair really need to fix this asap. It's ridiculous that they offer a 3rd party Asus plugin which breaks their own gear..

totally insane we have to do this because the average home user wont figure out these insane steps to get their hardware working

Correct we are not all computer experts and should not have to endure all this mucking about .

I have had I Cue problems for months tried to fix myself and then gave up :[pouts:now with all this lockdown trouble trying to sort again :D:

i dont have the asus aura software installed, and i also avoid HWinfo which hard crashes parts of icue invisibly in the background (and doesnt recover without a reinstall, with my commander pro sensor readings)

Wow, I am using HWinfo and was checking my Ryzen overclocks.

All of a suddes my RGB resets and my H100i starts restarting the whole time.

And me here thinking it were the overclocks...

Problem is definitely related to audio lighting. Rebuilding the profile removed the odd pulse, but the corsair led strips get froze in place using audio lighting, connected by lnp. Only a full shutdown power off will unlock them, a restart is not enough.

Edit: having trouble with any active effect on the led strips. Sequential and marquee both lock up as well.

Edited by Space Doctor

Until the issue is happening again. First few hours after iCUE update I also had no problem and Asus Mainboard and Vengeance Pro RGB were both recognized just fine in iCUE but after some hours the red warning for the Vengeance reappeared like in all the previous versions since the Asus beta in January. Only solution for me is to delete this Asus plugin folder which fixes the issue forever until the next iCUE update reinstalls the Asus folder... I think this must have something to do with that Asus Aura is also able to take control over the Vengeance as it's implemented in themat software too so both programs want to control the dram which is just not working...

i keep getting a message that the folder is in use so i can't delete it even after closing icue. Anything else i need to close/stop?

i keep getting a message that the folder is in use so i can't delete it even after closing icue. Anything else i need to close/stop?

Yes you need to hard-kill everything corsair related in the task manager, had the same problem that it kept telling me its in use but killing every corsair process in Taskmanager fixed that.

Yes you need to hard-kill everything corsair related in the task manager, had the same problem that it kept telling me its in use but killing every corsair process in Taskmanager fixed that.

Thanks for the quick reply, but i also found out that my issue with the vengeance rgb also goes away by just unticking the "enable plugins" option in icue. Wasn't using any of the plugin functionality anyways so guess this'll do for the time being.

The recent updates from this month have been quite a problem for me. After countless hours troubleshooting my PC's newly risen Reboot/Sleep/Shutdown issues, I found that the iCue has been the root cause. The problems started after updating iCue earlier this month. This latest release hasn't been any different. There are numerous EventID 13 ACPI ": The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period." error and warnings" showing in the System log since installing these latest updates. I reinstalled an older release from last year, and the errors stopped, so it is something in a recent update. Unfortunately my exported profiles were not supported on the older version.

My last effort was to reinstall the latest and then delete/clear all hardware profiles stored on my K70 RGB keyboard. I will wait to see if that makes any difference. In addition to the K70, I also have Vengeance memory and H115i devices. Firmware on all devices are up-to-date.

Edit: clearing profile didn’t make any difference. What garbage. Windows won’t properly sleep (shuts off computer after long delay) and also long delay to reboot with the latest updates. Guess I will have to back to the version I have from 8/2019.

Update: I am finding that my issue looks to have been caused by something in an earlier update. I tried 3.25.60 and resulted with the same problem (ACPI errors and problems with sleep/reboot). I went to 3.23.66 and that appears to be stable. Not sure if I am going to try 3.24.52.

Edited by brandonm

After upgrading to this version it takes forever for iCue to launch. it wasn't that slow with the previous version, .68. Any clue? I reinstalled iCue and deleted the config file but nothing. The app stills super slow.

Ah look, that's why it's working for you. Asus Mainboard LED control is only possible with Asus Aura being installed. And that will be the reason why the Dram in iCUE gets the red warning because Aura is taking control over the Dram, only one program can control the Ram, obviously.. Corsair really need to fix this asap. It's ridiculous that they offer a 3rd party Asus plugin which breaks their own gear..

I don't have Asus Aura and I'm able to control my mobo just fine. I do get the red triangle but very rarely, maybe once a month. Hope they figure it out, though.

hey today i started my computer and there is nothing in the dashboard section of Icue. previously this was the app i used to monitor my computer during use. Is this on purpose?

This happens to me sometimes, I'd think it's got more to do with motherboard not quite reporting right. I have to shut down the pc, flip the psu switch off, and press the power button to drain it completely. Then boot up normally and it displays all the correct info in dashboard again.

I felt like it may be a board issue because I had to do the same thing to fix Aura when RGB used to act up on me.

Edited by killersloth

DashBoard still a resource hog. 8% cpu usage 9900k and 35-45% 2080ti 3D, on a 144 hz screen. Does icue dashboard really need to run at 144fps?

You can always cap the fps if it is a issue (i'm still using 3.20.80 so I wouldn't know)

Same problem as with 3.27.68. I'm just gonna copy paste from there:

"On my Void Pro Wireless the charging status is bugged in this version (also whichever version was before this one, i think 3.26.95). If the headset is plugged in and charging when the iCUE starts up, then iCUE will show the battery status at 95% (regardless of what actual percentage it may be) and stops charging (even the charging LED on the headset turns off). The only way to fix it, is to unplug it and plug it back in. Basically, the headset cannot be plugged in before iCUE starts or it will not charge and show incorrect battery percentage. The last version that I tested that works fine is 3.20.80 (have not tested any versions between 3.20.80 and 3.26.95 because they all had other issues right from the start)"

The only difference is that instead of 95%, it now says 100%. Back to 3.20.80.