Corsair Community

Latest CUE Problems

Has anyone had any GPU Driver crashes after getting the lastest CUE? Ever since updating CUE I randomly get GPU Driver crashes. When the driver crashes CUE locks up too. My lights on my keyboard freeze. In Event Viewer it says the GPU Driver has recovered but it never does as my screen stays black till I restart. I run a ASUS 1080ti Strix GPU. Keyboard is Gunmetal K95 Platinum.

• Corsair Employee
CUE will crash when a driver is being updated (its related to our framework Qt) but CUE shouldn't cause a GPU driver to crash. CUE does use GPU acceleration though (like most software). If you can get a log from the system to see what is causing the crash, that would help a lot more. Try to uninstall CUE and see if the crashes occur with other software (Chrome, games, etc. - basically anything that puts a load on the GPU itself).

CUE will crash when a driver is being updated (its related to our framework Qt) but CUE shouldn't cause a GPU driver to crash. CUE does use GPU acceleration though (like most software). If you can get a log from the system to see what is causing the crash, that would help a lot more. Try to uninstall CUE and see if the crashes occur with other software (Chrome, games, etc. - basically anything that puts a load on the GPU itself).

Good info. I will try all that and see what comes.

I use an M65 PRO RGB only and I cannot observe any GPU activity related to CUE:confused:

• Corsair Employee
Still had the crash with CUE uninstalled and all its paths in registry gone. Does LINK use any GPU for the HD120 or RGB LED strips?

This means that the crash isn't software related. Your card could potentially be dying. Download a GPU benchmark like Unigen Heaven and if it can't complete the test, thatll be a good indicator that you may either need to try different drivers or replace the card.

This means that the crash isn't software related. Your card could potentially be dying. Download a GPU benchmark like Unigen Heaven and if it can't complete the test, thatll be a good indicator that you may either need to try different drivers or replace the card.

I did some benchmarks last night and all is well with that. I went on some Reddit adventures. Seems like a lot are having problems with Nvidia drivers all sorts of cards. I may go back to my 780ti Classified and test. Or buy another card :/ even though mine is less than a month old. Thank you Corsair James for your input.

• Corsair Employee
I did some benchmarks last night and all is well with that. I went on some Reddit adventures. Seems like a lot are having problems with Nvidia drivers all sorts of cards. I may go back to my 780ti Classified and test. Or buy another card :/ even though mine is less than a month old. Thank you Corsair James for your input.

No problem. If you find that it is not hardware related, and its CUE related, let me know.

Archived