Corsair Community

Update Firmare, cant find file. (noise from one fan)

qreftan

Hello!

After installing the H80I i noticed a weird sound from one of the fans when using low RPM. After switching the 4pin on both the fans i discovered the sound indeed came from one of the fans but the fans wasn't the issue.

I have installed corsairlink2 and when i go and try to update the firmware i can't seem to find one.

Option>Devices>Press H80I>Update Firmware(Doesn't download anything>Please select a firmware file(???????????) I didn't download any updates?

What's up with the firmware update?

Anyone experiencing the horrible sound from ONE fan? If you switch connector with the two fans the sound travels to the other fan, so the fans are OK.

Thanks

It's not the stock fans so i don't think others would have the same issue. They may if they have a similar fan.

If you switched the fans and the other one made the noise. It might have something to do with the fan splitter cable. Plug the stock fans in a and see if they work fine.

If not, request an RMA and see if they can send you a replacement fan splitter cable.

I have the newest corsair link version, but are u sure 1.0 is the newest firmware for h80i? :S

The latest firmware that was publicly available was 1.04 but that was rmoved from the support site as it caused a high pitch whine 1.05 is apparently being shipped on newer units but this has not been released for download yet as it is still being tested.

After reinstalling corsair link 2.2.0 i cant detect my fans/pump. The fans & pump start at startup, but i cant control them in corsair link.

Im not using original fans, but before you say they are not supported, they worked the first time i installed corsair link.

The reason i reinstalled corsair link is because i couldnt get in to the program. Everytime a started link it said sierra something has stopped working. Reinstalling and deleting the corsair folder in appdata solved the issue, but like i said, i can not control fans or pump now.

Not to be an A%#hole or anything but wow this program is worthless..

Thank you

Lol i must have started 5 or so new threads in less than 3 days now. There is SO much problems with this hardware/software..

Help me identify this noise. Unplugging fans, usb doesn't help.

This is starting to get embarrassing.. Geez

Lol i must have started 5 or so new threads in less than 3 days now. There is SO much problems with this hardware/software..

It would be much easier if you just kept updating one thread instead of having to chase so many of them around. Please keep all your questions to one thread

Help me identify this noise. Unplugging fans, usb doesn't help.

It sounds like the pump noise assiated with the fans. If you hgave not already submitted an RMA request please do so.

Archived