Corsair Community

600T vs 780T - Feedback from a 600T Owner and 780T prospective buyer

ggiles

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my feedback as a very happy 600T owner that's looking to do a new build, and has been looking at the 780T, but not sure if I want to pull the trigger or not.

First of all, I love my 600T. It was big for a mid-tower case, but so easy to build in and looks awesome. I use it for a gaming rig, and basically maxed it out with all the latest toys of the day.

Now as I look at a new rig build, I can't help but be put off by the massive size of the 780T. Let's be honest - most gamers will go with a single video card, maybe a couple SSDs, and max out their memory. They'll use a CPU and GPU radiator, and that's about it. The 780T is total overkill in terms of size for that.

I had been hoping the 780T truly was a 600T replacement, but it's really the next step upwards from it for people that want a bigger version of the 600T.

Unfortunately looking at the rest of the Corsair mid-tower range, I don't see anything I like. I'd love it if there were a true 600T replacement that kept the styling of the 600T, but had some adjustments that helped it meet modern standards. (Drop the 5.25" bays for starter).

So, anyway, just my two cents. If there was a real 600T replacement, I'd get it in a heartbeat, but I just can't bring myself to get the monster 780T just to accommodate a single video card and a couple drives.

Hope this feedback helps your product folks with future designs.

Thanks,

Gregg

I have a white 780T, kind of bought it on the spot due to a cooler mismatch and have been using it for 6 months or so, it's massive. Sits on my desk like this huge door blocker. Awesome to build in, plenty of room and gives all your gaming components a severe case of dwarfism (makes them look tiny). I'm looking to buy a Spec-Alpha this weekend and transfer the components across for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the reduced size and lack of 5.25 inch drives, and for the red/white colors. My only concern (and I have made a thread about this) is whether my H105 will fit in there.

Archived