Corsair Community

Carbide Series Air 740

will_s

Well have just installed the Commander Pro and 6 RGB fans along with the new 115i cooler.

Now having 6 fans which include 2 x 140's at the bottom and sadly it doesnt have a dust filter at the bottom and you dont want these fans sucking dust in and blowing them straight into your GPU.

Now you can take the bottom of and it would have cost maybe 99cents to have some dust filter material screwed onto the bottom detachable part of the case....that way you just remove the bottom and its easy to clean

anyway, case is the Air740 and is doing a great job ( brought 2 x 140mm dust filters ..shipping cost more then the filters )

Probably true and I remember being slightly miffed when getting the case and re-reading the "dust filters on all intakes". Given the tight confines, you can't just throw anything down there and I let it go to see how things went. 18 months later there is little dust to speak of. You don't need to blast the bottom fans and can manage it will sensible fan balance on the case. Nevertheless, I may finally break down and buy the Demciflex kit for the 740. The open back side to the PSU chamber seems to be the most capable to collect dust.

Archived