Corsair Community

Questions about H100i

will_s

In a Coolmaster HAF932 Case:

What is the best way to set up the radiator/fan ?

1/ Rad top/fans under pushing air from case

2/ Rad top/fans under pulling air through rad

3/ Rad under/fan top pushing air from outside down

4/ Rad under/ fan top pulling air from case

Will be putting a 140MM fan at back ( behind cpu ) either pulling air in or out depending on setup of rad/fans

The HAF 932 has a 180mm fans at bottom front and one on side panel sucking air in.( HAF means high air flow ) .

What will be the most efficient ? Motherboard is Asus Maximus with a i7 4770K.

Also plugging the USB in. No problems if I use the USB3 connector on the motherboard ? Its closer and am using the 2 other usb headers for other things

Will, which cooler are you using? The H90 or the 100i?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=122075

Corsair recomends that you set them up as intake but really all you can do is experiment with your fans and determine which set-up produces the best results for your given system. For a two fan set up you want the fans orientated so they PUSH air through the radiator.

Also plugging the USB in. No problems if I use the USB3 connector on the motherboard ? Its closer and am using the 2 other usb headers for other things

Should be no problems.

Will, which cooler are you using? The H90 or the 100i?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=122075

Corsair recomends that you set them up as intake but really all you can do is experiment with your fans and determine which set-up produces the best results for your given system. For a two fan set up you want the fans orientated so they PUSH air through the radiator.

Should be no problems.

have just about completed my upgrade and water cooling is the last thing

have looked at a few videos and dont like the buggering around and the way the H90 attaches to the motherboard, much prefer the i100 attachment method and thats the main reason I am switching.

So have changed to the 100i , will order tomorrow and well as a 140mm fan for the back of the case and I may as well stick with Corsair so it will be an AF140

So fans on top pulling cooler air from outside cash pushing through the radiator and the 140mm at back blowing out.

well thats maybe .....

thanks for the tips guys

You should allow for convection and have the fans exhausting air. I have positive pressure in my case and dust filters over the intakes so it doesnt really matter which way i have the fans orientated on the radiator but if you want an easy way of cleaning it then have them pulling air through.

Archived