Corsair Community

Initial thoughts on iCue and FarCry 5

solarity

I have had a HD-120 for a few months and controlling it from the MB, got the LNP and some strips in the mail yesterday to add to my fans and K70 Lux RGB keyboard. It is very impressive what I can do with it.

There seems to have been a lot of talk about FarCry 5 and I heard it had a co-op so I wanted to give it a shot. I love the menu when my keyboard turns into a US flag and my case is screaming 'Merica! I do think it is cool how they added the integration between the game and the ecosystem, granted I usually focus so much into the game I don't appreciate it enough, until there is a cut scene.

I know this is an early release and I think I only saw one crash, I thought it crashed a second time, but nope that was Gigabyte's RGB Fusion, which isn't "early release". The control is really vast and I like how it seems simple to get basic colors and sync effects going, but I also like how you can do more advance stuff. It is almost like how VCRs had the usual buttons, then a flip down cover with more advance buttons. Most users should easily be able to set all static colors or all effects, while a little more playing around will give them greater customization.

I do like the RGB customization with light as I think pigment (paint) themes cans get old. I love how I can change things up very quickly. I would love to see a new controller that you can add to the system that gives you the ability to control standard analog 12v RGB items like some of the LEDs from my custom loop.

Good work so far!

• Corsair Employee
Thank you so much for the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the ride so far! CORSAIR iCUE should only get better from this point as we stamp out the bugs, add support for more devices, and implement new features. :)

Archived