Corsair Community

Am I the only one with this issue?

So recently I picked up a new rig. Very nice PC, fully customized. I purchased the LL140 RGB Corsair fans for it, 6 of them. When I first booted up the fans did not light. After opening Corsair's Link4 still nothing. No biggie right? Just turn them on in the app. Weird thing was there was no options for it. Nowhere could I find anything to do with RGB's. After calling the company who made the pc, and talking with them a few days I still had nothing. It was strange because the fans were working perfectly fine, just no lighting, Link4 was even reading temps just fine. About 4 days after receiving the PC I booted it up (as usual) but this time all the fans were lit up. I opened Corsair's Link4 and to my surprise, a whole new section was there. All about the fan lighting. I was excited because they finally worked, but it was short lived. Two days later, same exact problem. The options were gone again, and no lights. But guess what! They came back the next day!

Its been two weeks now, and I was going strong; no problems with any lights. But today I hop on and what do you know? They are off again and Link4 again, does not have the section where you choose the lighting. I figured when they were on that Link4 must have updated and my problem was fine, but when they went off again I tried to go back a version and was told there was no previous versions for me.

Its just lighting, and not impacting my performance at all, but it is starting to bother me. Obviously my fans RGBs work fine, yet half of the time the Link4 program won't even register that I have RGB.

Do you have the fans connected to a Commander Pro (CoPro) or a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro)?

Do you have any other RGB software installed? EVGA XOC, perhaps?

Can you check your BIOS and make sure that Legacy USB Support and XCHI Handoff are both enabled?

You can also look in USBDeView to see if you see the device (https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). For both devices, the VID is 1b1c. For the CoPro, the PID is 0c10 and for the NoPro it's 0c0b.

Yeah all six fans are hooked to the RGB LED Hub, then the Lighting Node Pro is as well. The only thing I have installed for LEDs is Link, unless you would count Razer Synapse as another, which I don't think you would. I am not the most dialed in when it comes to my PC, this is my first, very nice PC. I custom picked almost every piece of hardware but the PC was built by Digital Storm (great company, they tried to help me out with this problem up until it fixed itself).

Isn't it weird though? They have worked just fine and everything, but when they go out the Link program won't even pick up on them. The options are always there for the fans RPMs and what not, but the whole section where the RGB is tweaked at,does not come up (when the lights are on, the Link program has an entire dedicated section at the end of the columns, so I know that I' not just missing it).

Archived