Corsair Community

Help Corsair GT 120 GB giving BSODS Before And after update

dsa2008

This is my first thread

Please help me with that ssd drive i am really tired from it before i update it

giving me errors and problems when i read the forms about it will fix the BSODS problems and errors i update from 1.3 to 1.3.3 and did not fix the BSODS i try everything updates the drivers windows bios to the latest ect........

And the same please help iam tired from that BSODS i format 3 times

no avail from time to time it give me bsod i try to disconnect the connetors

hardware other hard disk cd rom usb ect......... nothing the same i now it's

from the ssd please corsair help me to get rid of that problems :(:

thnx in advanced

It's not the same. While a quick format will only erase the partition table with the data remaining in flash cells, a SecureErase will clear all cells and restore the drive's performance. If issues still occur after upgrading the firmware, it is strongly recommended to SecureErase with PartedMagic, reset the CMOS an do a clean Windows 7 installation. I cannot tell you that this will work for sure, but it is most likely that it will help you, I would give it a try!

i did slow full format in windows xp cd installation cd and same bsod did not fix the problems i think it's firmware related is any of you guy's having issues same like me or i am the only one?!

No, you aren't the only one. Similar behaviors here!

I'm the second one with these issues.

I have only had these issues with the SSD. No problems with HDDs. With HDD my PC is ultimate stable (I also have ECC memory chips).

The default firmware was bag of worms (was it 1.2.x?). BSODs during the Windows 7 64bit setup and freezings. Have updated all the new firmwares and now I'm on V1.3.3. No BSODs during install.

After I update Windows with Windows Update the system files gets corrupted. System Restore doesn't fix the issues always. This is really strange. I have installed Windows several times because of this. Zero fill disc space and format doesn't help either.

I try to fix Windows files with "SFC /SCANNOW" command and sometimes it manages to fix issues. Not always.

Is this really a rare case or are there others too having these issues?

I have considered bying a new (Corsair GT) SSD to see if it will work better.

No, you aren't the only one. Similar behaviors here!

I'm the second one with these issues.

I have only had these issues with the SSD. No problems with HDDs. With HDD my PC is ultimate stable (I also have ECC memory chips).

The default firmware was bag of worms (was it 1.2.x?). BSODs during the Windows 7 64bit setup and freezings. Have updated all the new firmwares and now I'm on V1.3.3. No BSODs during install.

After I update Windows with Windows Update the system files gets corrupted. System Restore doesn't fix the issues always. This is really strange. I have installed Windows several times because of this. Zero fill disc space and format doesn't help either.

I try to fix Windows files with "SFC /SCANNOW" command and sometimes it manages to fix issues. Not always.

Is this really a rare case or are there others too having these issues?

I have considered bying a new (Corsair GT) SSD to see if it will work better.

Same like you

I think it's million of people having these issues not the two of us.

I do SFC /SCANNOW it say windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

I know it it's the firware related and waiting

corsair to relese new firmware that fix these issues please corsair make it fast couse i really tired from these bsod and freezes what if people buy these

drives and can't rma from world wide i want you to feel that pain corsair

i play sometime any game it come bsod it's random don't know when it will come the only thing if i want to know it will come or not is to try and play games if it come freeze and can't do anything i must push the reset button on the case it's the same when webbr********ing bsod it come i try in bios ahci and ide same defualt the bios same and when restarting sometime came on windows logo bsod or on windows logo it's like freeze hang i feel idiot waiting to enter windows it won't :mad: can't do anything accept to push the button on the case to reset sometime when restart or shutdown it become ok sometime not

• 2 weeks later...

I think i caught the problem but i didn't try it in ahci i am in ide now after secure erase there a bsods and freezes but when i did this trick now i am stable but i'll wait for new firmware because ide you know it's slow not like ahci the trick in the bios i change the ddr frequency to 1006 not 1066 or auto

and now stable but from time to time when i shut down and push the power button in the windows logo it freeze to like 10 or 15 second i think and back to normal same restart but why is it now stable i test the rams if there error but it's all good no errors if any one same like me try this trick and tell me what happen is it ok or same?

• 8 months later...

My problem is finally solved. I shipped the SSD drive back to the webstore and it took a month after they shipped me a new one. Now I have used it for several months. Not a single problem since.

Just telling you this because there might be more of these faulty ones. :D: Good luck!

• Corsair Employee

From reading through your Posts a few comments for others:

1. Never do a full format on any SSD as it will degrade the performance. Quick Format Only!

2. When using an O.S. (Windows XP) that does not support SSD technology you will need to format with the Quick command and with 4096 Allocation. So the partition is properly aligned.

3. Before a fresh install it is strongly suggested to use a program like Parted Magic to Secure erase the drive before you format and install the new O.S.

Thanks for this useful info RAM GUY ;):

Could you please elaborate a little more on this sentence?:

1. Never do a full format on any SSD as it will degrade the performance. Quick Format Only!

Kind Regards and thanks in advance! :biggrin:

I just didn't knew that fact so I'm a little surprised that it is not warned anyware when you buy/install/use an ssd. Degradation in that case can be reverted back doing a quick format or will be permanent and cumulative for every full format done to the drive?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance.

Archived