Corsair Community

Removing one stick of RAM makes it game install fine????

ok i just receive my brand new hard drive today ( i had already had it ordered before these problems arose) i started installing and i was going to see if wow installed fine like it did the first time i did before the problems, NOPE didnt work on the new HDD with all fresh new stuff. so i KNOW for sure its not a driver issue. so if i take ONE Stick of ram out and then it installs FINE. it installed fine with one stick in the 3rd spot and it also installed fine with the other stick in the 4th spot, but when theyre both in 3rd and 4th spot i get the problems. i have the twinpack of corsair xms 3500LL pro. ive never overclocked anything. Does this sound like a FAULTY RAM problem??? it does to me, i get the BSODs as well. why would it work with just one of those sticks in??? either way does this qualify for replacement, i just want all my new stuff to work good together. i also did get one error on a memtest!

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

alright i found in bios where it says 2.60v for the SDDR or whatever, i need raise that higher to 2.7 or 2.75? what does it normally come at, does this mean im overclocking it? i dont really know much about changing ram setting or anything, it always worked fine until recently

These modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts so just try the voltage and see if that will solve the problem. Yes these are over clocking modules.

************UPDATE**********

I turned the voltage up in the Bios to 2.75 like you suggested, no luck at all same problems, where it will not install wow with both sticks of ram in.......

so when i turn my computer on the guru panel it said 3.00 Volts!!!!!! so i turned it off anyway cuz it didnt work, why would it do that, either way

i happened to order a new PSU anyways, a silverstone strider modular 600watt. my last one wa a mge/xg 600w psu. anyways, i installed the new PSU and i could install wow PERFECTLY FINE, i also notice now that the Voltage on my guru panel state the ddr is at 2.63!!!! i thought that it wasnt the same for whatever reason you said??? when it was at 2.60 it said 2.84 on my guru panel either way, it seems like all is good and it was just a faulty PSU or something, however i dont want this to have ruined my warranty, its what i was told to do by u anyways, otherwise i just need to know if my warranty is fine, otherwise if i dont have any other problems i should be fine :DDDD

another update, my guru panel is again reading the RAM at 2.84volts again, so im not sure if its fine now again or not, ill run another install of WoW. if it does install WoW fine it should be fine.

ok now that its at 2.84v on my guru panel it is not working again like it is before, what could be causing it to run at 2.84v????

Archived