Corsair Community

Will win10 compatible CL work without commander?

squidman

Still with the old commander and no updates..and could be waiting a long time.

As a stop-gap measure (not really keen on shelling out for the mini just yet!), considering plugging those fans (4 noctuas all pwm) into my mobo headers (have 6 spare) which are not connected to my 2 x h80i's (in push pull). On a dual xeon board.

Question: Can I then install the latest corsair supposedly win10 friendly software and control fan speed? At present have removed the old commander, but running the fan/temp extender. Not really sure if my asus z9pe-d8 ws board has pwm control on the non-cpu fan headers (which are taken by the 2 h80i's).

Any help appreciated...just don't really want to deal with the work-around at the moment and don't feel like giving corsair any more money for a mini....:mad::mad::mad::mad: for broken beta software/firmware and no support.....

cough Corsair ::pirate:: appropriate name....

I use AI site 3 for all my MB fans and I use CL for the cooler and the coller fans. Works good except for the CL crapy SW.

You have AI suite and CL running at the same time, with no issues? That's lucky. It's well documented on here that they don't play well together. Lucky you!

You have AI suite and CL running at the same time, with no issues? That's lucky. It's well documented on here that they don't play well together. Lucky you!

I have had ai suite 2 and link working fine on my crosshair v formula -z for ever. Everything is fine except the occasional voltage or temperature error on AI suite, but that rarely happens.

Well I guess I can't say that anymore as link doesn't work right on windows 10. And my link is way out of warranty so....

Archived