Corsair Community

Force GT raid-0 benchmark

jeroompje

Here are my results for my drive, do I win a prize?

I know the results could be better but I enabled compression on the drive.

i guess you are using a discrete pcie raid controller.

if so, disable the cache and test again :)

also, my ssd's are connected to the intel sata-2 ports..

(before we start comparing apples with pears)

cheers,

Jerome.

Dude you really need to get those hooked up to SATA III, I would imagine your results would show improvement here is mine 2xForce 3 GT 120's. As you can see my two drives seems to be a bit faster together.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5236/raid0e.png

Dude you really need to get those hooked up to SATA III, I would imagine your results would show improvement here is mine 2xForce 3 GT 120's. As you can see my two drives seems to be a bit faster together.

i need the space, that's why i created an array of 4.

and with Z68, i'v got only 2 intel sata-3 ports.

your writes are behind mine; that's the weakest spot of the Force GT with their sandforce controller.

What settings re you guys using as far as stripe size and what not when setting up your raid. Seems in Atto up till I hit the 64.0 mark, I'im getting slower than average speeds, then above that I'm getting speeds that are about on the nose where i should be using 2 90 GB Force GT in Raid0.

What settings re you guys using as far as stripe size and what not when setting up your raid. Seems in Atto up till I hit the 64.0 mark, I'im getting slower than average speeds, then above that I'm getting speeds that are about on the nose where i should be using 2 90 GB Force GT in Raid0.

i get the best results and best "feeling" with 64Kb stripesize

Great idea to measure a RAM-DIsk in ATTO additionally to SSD-speed, because when RAM is to slow, this covers up bottlenecks.

The SSD can only write/read as fast as the CPU is able to read and write data from and into to RAM.

To be honest this is just a briefly consideration, the RAM-disk filesystem or software may be slower than the RAMs real performance, while minor abbreveation makes it look like SSD is partly faster than ram.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12667&stc=1&d=1368277262

ram.jpg.a5fcde8d6f62bcee832cad19c0b61cd3.jpg

Archived