Corsair Community

AX1500i Corsair Link Digital Interface Cable

Flava0ne

I noticed that the other end of the included Corsair Link Digital Interface cable that came with my AX1500i, can connect to my H100i. Can I use it in this way or is it meant to be connected to something else like an actual Corsair Link module?

• Corsair Employee
No. The PSU isn't going to act as a Link Commander. You still need the H100i plugged into a USB header. Plugging the AX1500i into the H100i means you won't have to use the USB cable with the AX1500i.

• 4 months later...

That's great news for the OP, but I'm being especially thick today and I have the same question but have not yet achieved the 'gotcha' moment.

Why would I use the Digital Interface Cable (AX1500i to H110i-GT) instead of the USB cable (to the motherboard). Perhaps the reason is that is saves me a USB header on the motherboard? And if so, is this at the expense of any of the Corsair Link functionality?

Sorry for my stupidity, but I am a newbie ...

Simon

The reason given for the removal was cost effectiveness. The cost of the C-link connector turned out to be several times more than the cost of the USB connector, which actually surprised the Corsair dude that looked into it, considering the size of the C-link connector when compared to the USB connector. It does appear that Corsair is in the process of phasing out the C-link connection entirely as well. No new products have been introduced that include it, and the products that did have been End of Life'd.

Basic marketing logic would lead us to speculate that there may be a new Link Commander type product on the horizon that will somehow enable the connection of multiple USB-based Corsair products (such as the H100i GT) so that only a single USB header would be used and yet allow any number of Corsair products to be attached.

I have found C-Link connections work well and feel their removal from new coolers is a poor decision. I will accept the connectors cost more due to lower volumes, but suspect we are talking about a few cents on a $100 cooler. Given an option I would get the $105 cooler with C-Link.

No new products have been introduced that include it, and the products that did have been End of Life'd.

This is incorrect. The new RMi PSUs have a C-Link connection.

Thanks for those observations.

Looks like I might have bought into something that will prove to be a transitional product (neither fish nor foul).

However, the main thing is that it freezes my CPU.

I'm going to see what Cosair Link has to offer as far as my PSU and RAM are concerned. The issue appears not to be a factor when it comes to the cooler.

I have found C-Link connections work well and feel their removal from new coolers is a poor decision. I will accept the connectors cost more due to lower volumes, but suspect we are talking about a few cents on a $100 cooler. Given an option I would get the $105 cooler with C-Link.

This is incorrect. The new RMi PSUs have a C-Link connection.

You seem to be ignorant of how a product line reaches the masses. Many products are in various stages of development and release. The revelation of the higher cost-to-benefit turn on investment of the C-link connection was probably discovered well after the new RMi could have been altered before release. Over the next year, we will most likely see very few, if any new products that include this feature.

You seem to be ignorant of how a product line reaches the masses. Many products are in various stages of development and release. The revelation of the higher cost-to-benefit turn on investment of the C-link connection was probably discovered well after the new RMi could have been altered before release. Over the next year, we will most likely see very few, if any new products that include this feature.

This is another incorrect opinion you have chosen to state, I wonder why? This could well be why the RMi PSU can be C-Link attached, but I simply stated the facts and did not try and deduce why this happened.

All I know for sure is that the RMi PSUs (with C-Link) were released after the H110iGT (without C-Link) and this is why I made the initial statement.

I do know that the H110iGTX, H100iGTX and H80iGT use the Asetek rather than CoolIT protocol and suspect the cost of the firmware/software changes to support C-Link attachment are the real reason they can't be C-Link attached. I further suspect that the H110iGT was designed to support 2 x C-Link ports and this was removed late in the development to match what the Asetek coolers are capable of. The statements by Corsair in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986 say a lot about the Asetek based coolers.

Assuming the C-Link support was intentionally removed from the H110iGT then I would have expected it to also have been removed from the RMi PSUs if Corsair did not wish to release any new C-Link enabled products.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22572&d=1439474457

Archived